Mar 18, 2002, 06:48 PM
Thread OP

Can't figure out plan

How can this be?

This bipe has a full lower wing. Yet there is "structure" below. And the landing gear attaches under the lower wing.

There are wing holddowns, so I assume the lower wing can be removed.

Help!

Thanks,

James
to remove ads between posts
Mar 18, 2002, 07:10 PM
I see the future.
Looks to me like there is a box built on the bottom of the wing that remains attatched to the wing. The front of this box lines up with the cutout in the fuselage. As far as landing gear, my guess is that it remains attatched to the bottom of the fuse and you have to detach it from the wing to remove the wing. I know what I am thinking, I am just not sure I am explaining it clearly. Hope this helped.
Mar 18, 2002, 11:12 PM
Thread OP
Yes I see what you mean, but that seems a bit awkward to have to mess around with the landing gear attachment jest to remove a wing.

I think I'll keep looking for other plans.

Thanks,

James
Mar 18, 2002, 11:16 PM
I fly, therefore I crash
James,
My older brother built a Guillow's kit that looked similar to this bipe, and the bottom wings were built as two halves that attached to the fuse separately.
Mar 19, 2002, 04:33 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by JamesD
Yes I see what you mean, but that seems a bit awkward to have to mess around with the landing gear attachment jest to remove a wing.
There are an awful lot of WW1-style bipes with the same setup. I suspect it's almost all of them. The front of the U/C hinges, the rear is usually fixed with 2 clips. Anyway it's a bipe, you already have to "mess around" with all the strut fixings to take the wings off. How much harder is it to undo a couple of extra clips ?

Steve

Quick Reply