Jul 17, 2019, 01:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz
Or maybe he doesn't want to be found
He may be found somewhere beyond "the innermost station".... [ Heart Of Darkness ]

to remove ads between posts
Jul 17, 2019, 02:06 PM
'Douglas' to his friends.
Please tell us that he has an ID tag, so that whoever finds him will know how to contact his kin..?
Jul 17, 2019, 03:48 PM
K9ONR

Miniblink

Thy pilot int missin, 'e wor spotted chattin up eur lass a' t' ca 'n calf yestudi.
Jul 17, 2019, 07:30 PM
I hope he has his passport with him and being a minor, it might be illegal to cross country boundaries. Teenagers these days!
Jul 18, 2019, 01:54 AM
So I'M meant to be in control?
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrtrint
...... 'e wor spotted chattin up eur lass a' t' ca 'n calf yestudi.
That's only 3 miles away from Blink Towers! Mind you, he'd more likely be in the pub of the same name............ or getting thrown out of it.

But I am highly impressed by your local knowledge!
Jul 18, 2019, 10:14 AM
K9ONR

Miniblink...

Google strikes again 😏 and a very clever Yorkshire translator. I really enjoy your postings and models. Besides, it takes an Englishman to properly speak the language!

JT
Jul 18, 2019, 12:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrtrint
Besides, it takes an Englishman to properly speak the language!JT
Ya sure you want to post that cus thems fighting words!
Jul 18, 2019, 01:38 PM
To speak the language properly.

Don't split your infinitives.
Jul 18, 2019, 05:16 PM
Hmm... As 'old school' as that, eh..? I thought that notion had been kicked into touch long ago...

Split infinitive ...

Jul 18, 2019, 05:27 PM
Colonel so-called Blink,

We have your man. At the moment, he is well. We shall consider his release against undertakings from certain of your followers, to cease murdering the English language.
Jul 19, 2019, 01:53 AM
Thread OP
I can't say that I'm not displeased, you know. After all for the chap in question English is not his first language, as he most probably speaks Microsoft* and therefore deserves to be given a little leeway (and maybe even sympathy).

*aka "Amerkin English" - a fiction if ever I heard one, what??
Last edited by Colonel Blink; Jul 19, 2019 at 01:59 AM.
Jul 19, 2019, 02:42 AM
The pin-vice has run off again
Talking of the English language, my daughter is living dangerously and may want to hide out with Mini Blink as a result of the acadamic school year end card she has made.
Abi has concentrated on style and it looks beautiful, but she has made a mistake on the text
-what it should say is - Miss X, The best teacher in the world and always has been.
what is says .....Miss X, the best teacher in the world and also a has been'
Jul 19, 2019, 05:00 AM
Will you get on with your blimmin' invader instead of banging on about yer balsa bloke?! Ignorant little shitehouse never even took his sunglasses off indoors....good riddance I say....
Jul 19, 2019, 05:36 AM
To be fair, one can't expect a 'balsa bloke' to have 20/20 vision. His guide dog misses him still.

Jul 19, 2019, 06:20 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by fairweatherflyer
Abi has concentrated on style and it looks beautiful, but she has made a mistake on the text
-what it should say is - Miss X, The best teacher in the world and always has been.
what is says .....Miss X, the best teacher in the world and also a has been'
Well, she could be right!!! My favourite from Young Pippa Blinkette when she was about 6 or 7 year old was that she was 'a bit worried about being adapted by aliens'.....!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkphantom
Will you get on with your blimmin' invader instead of banging on about yer balsa bloke?! Ignorant little shitehouse never even took his sunglasses off indoors....good riddance I say....
Honest mate, I am trying to! But some of us don't have the luxury of getting up at 10 o'clock and then leisurely putt-putting up and down the nation's waterways with no reason for urgency, with the occasional stop for a three hour 'post-lunchtime watering hole' nap.......

And anyway he was made of foam not balsa, so there.

Quick Reply