Jul 14, 2019, 02:08 PM
Just Plane Nutts
A slow boat will grow boring for a flyer very quickly...I speak from experience...

There are a number of fun slow boats, like the fire rescue with working water gun. But your low $40 price limit restricts choices to a few toy-grade Walmart boats and the typical Chinese self-righting speedboat like the FF007 and it's peers. Not the best way to decide on RC boating or not. You need a FUN boat for a fair trial.

I've been flying since 1981 and only got into electric RC boats in 2015, but this was my first boat and really got me interested in this region of the RC world: https://youtu.be/q87wFZGTMDo?t=1s
Latest blog entry: My You-Tube channel
to remove ads between posts
Aug 02, 2019, 06:03 PM
FlyLikeAnEagle-LandLikeADove
Thread OP
I wound up getting a Pro Boat Jet Jam to try in the pool. It looks well made and has a decent manual.

https://www.horizonhobby.com/product...rtr-prb08031t1

It is a fine size for the pool and not overly fast. It turns on a dime but a 24' pool is pretty small to do much, My wife was able to zoom around pretty much immediately and it was the first time she has ever touched an RC controller. My granddaughters, 4 and 6 years old, will be coming to visit and they might be able to control it o some extent.

I also have a small 75' long, 50' wide pond down in the field and I think it will be a pretty good size for this boat.
Aug 18, 2019, 12:56 PM
ft007 cheap simple. or wl912 turns sharp

Quick Reply