Jul 12, 2019, 09:49 AM
Be careful plugging in the micro usb port it is part of the main board. The esc is on top of the main board but a dozen pins attach it permanently to the main board. Also be careful plugging in the battery, the connector is also soldered directly to the main board. Try to keep the battery leads from taking a hit. A new main board is $100 plus shipping.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 12, 2019, 09:53 AM
Does it have separate rx or is the rx integral also?
Jul 12, 2019, 11:45 AM
nom
nom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawndae
WOW !!! I just got my 280 racing drone with radio, battery, camera and video screen for 50 bucks. I did not expect much for $50 bucks but this thing is great.
Little charge to the battery and she was ready to go. The thing is stable and the camera is clear. I have purchased many great deals but this has to be the best Quad deal I have picked up so far. Sure glad I ordered a second one on the last day of the deal.
Would it be worth $85 shipped, that's what I would like to know...
Jul 12, 2019, 02:46 PM
Hi I am Mark & I am an addict
I've been watching this thread for a bit and thought that I would go ahead and get one.. turns out the shipping to Louisville is $51.95... that kind of killed the deal for me.

Mark
Jul 12, 2019, 03:11 PM
Yup- gonna be a bunch of salty people show up now because they snoozed and loozed.
At 50 and free shipping it's an awesome deal- I got 2. The quad is outdated equipment anyway- don't be too disappointed it's got an f3 board and the f4's are currently on the way out. I will likely end up scrapping mine for parts as soon as something breaks.
Jul 12, 2019, 10:44 PM
aka ShadowVFX
In case anyone is curious as to what you get, I'm doing 3 very crude unboxing videos that I'll be posting here. One for the S60 ActionCam, the 280 Vektor and the RTF "Race Quad".

Here's the S60 unboxing videos. I'll post the others once they're ready.
HITECH S60 ACTION CAM UNBOXING & FIRST IMPRESSIONS (6 min 23 sec)

Vektor 280 Unboxing:
VEKTOR 280 UNBOXING & IMPRESSIONS (3 min 23 sec)

HiTEC RTF Quad Racer:
HiTEC QUAD RACER 280 RTF UNBOXING & IMPRESSIONS (13 min 14 sec)
Last edited by Suko; Jul 12, 2019 at 11:36 PM.
Jul 12, 2019, 11:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nom
Would it be worth $85 shipped, that's what I would like to know...
Definitely. A brushless ready to fly drone with fpv equipment and a monitor! Yes its outdated but there are very few complete kits like this.
Jul 13, 2019, 04:13 AM
Toycar racer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suko
In case anyone is curious as to what you get, I'm doing 3 very crude unboxing videos that I'll be posting here. One for the S60 ActionCam, the 280 Vektor and the RTF "Race Quad".

Here's the S60 unboxing videos. I'll post the others once they're ready.
https://youtu.be/D6xfdYvcPb4

Vektor 280 Unboxing:
https://youtu.be/CX-UVsVSigM

HiTEC RTF Quad Racer:
https://youtu.be/lOBgOkVQebQ
great unboxings. You mentioned in your vid, weren't sure what the body was for aerodynamics or something.....the lexan body on the rtf drone you unboxed is similar to how rc cars do it. the body is held with rc car universal clips. Like rc cars you can get a wrap for it, or what you did when you first got your first rc car, is paint it. You paint from the inside out with your own design.
Jul 13, 2019, 09:59 AM
aka ShadowVFX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbz619
great unboxings. You mentioned in your vid, weren't sure what the body was for aerodynamics or something.....the lexan body on the rtf drone you unboxed is similar to how rc cars do it. the body is held with rc car universal clips. Like rc cars you can get a wrap for it, or what you did when you first got your first rc car, is paint it. You paint from the inside out with your own design.
Thank you for the info. I did notice the similarities to an RC car. Especially how there were the pins that held on the body on the RTF model. That's not something you usually see on quads. But, I suppose it's a neat feature if you want to paint your ass up to look unique.
Jul 13, 2019, 02:23 PM
Toycar racer
Np. Looks like some great deals. Would be great to get someone started and at 50 or 60 definitely hard to beat even if f3 board. Might be good xmas gift for someone. I'm local in san diego so might do local pick up if they allow to save on shipping.

Does this use betaflight? If so anyone know what version is on it?
Jul 13, 2019, 03:38 PM
From their site:

Customers local to the San Diego area may elect to have their products held for pickup at the Poway office. During checkout, enter the coupon code "willcall" in the Gift Certificate or Coupon Code box at the last step during your checkout to have all shipping charges removed and your purchase(s) held for pickup.

I'm pretty sure betaflight still supports f3, but not so sure the board has connectability nor can I find any info on if it will bind to other hitec controllers...
Jul 13, 2019, 04:58 PM
I received my Vektor 280's yesterday and got one set up with a Spektrum sat. It flies great and I very pleased for the price. Just FYI if you're going to stick with Librepilot, go ahead and do the Bootloader update first. The setup wizard runs much smoother with it updated.
Jul 13, 2019, 05:21 PM
Toycar racer
Quote:
Originally Posted by carrera0to60
I received my Vektor 280's yesterday and got one set up with a Spektrum sat. It flies great and I very pleased for the price. Just FYI if you're going to stick with Librepilot, go ahead and do the Bootloader update first. The setup wizard runs much smoother with it updated.
so it comes stock with librepilot?
Jul 13, 2019, 06:50 PM
aka ShadowVFX
Quote:
Originally Posted by carrera0to60
Would you briefly explain how you connected all of those loose cables to a Spektrum satellite? I'm a novice when it comes to drones and have not had to set any up on my own yet.

Better yet, can I plug everything into a standard 6 channel Spectrum receiver? I have a couple of those sitting in my parts been right now and it would be great if I could use them. I tried setting it up last night, but realized there's way more cables then there are ports on the 6 channel receiver.
Jul 13, 2019, 07:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbz619
so it comes stock with librepilot?
Yep, plug and play
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suko
Would you briefly explain how you connected all of those loose cables to a Spektrum satellite? I'm a novice when it comes to drones and have not had to set any up on my own yet.

Better yet, can I plug everything into a standard 6 channel Spectrum receiver? I have a couple of those sitting in my parts been right now and it would be great if I could use them. I tried setting it up last night, but realized there's way more cables then there are ports on the 6 channel receiver.
Sure, you have the side with 4 connections and the side with 6. The 4 wire harness is for Sbus or Spektrum satellite. The satellite connects to the yellow black and red (signal, ground, power). There's one small problem in that the red power is 5 volts and most of the traditional satellites require 3.3 volts. I happened to have a step down in the drawer so I used that. If you need one use this https://www.banggood.com/5V-To-3_3V-...r_warehouse=CN. If going this route you can remove the other multi wire harness as its not needed. If you need help with wiring the step down regulator see this post: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...s-to-FC-boards or you can buy a premade one here https://www.ebay.com/itm/JR-Spektrum...4383.l4275.c10

If you want to use the traditional RX then you're going to use the other harness and you can remove the 4 wire side. The red, white, black wire goes into channel 1 on your RX. Then follow the numbers labeled on wires. Blue goes to 2, yellow to 3 ect. Don't use an AR636 that's just what I had for the example. The single wire that goes to the pin on the main board is for the buzzer and can be removed for now until you get the other connections figured out.

Let me know if you need any other help
Last edited by carrera0to60; Jul 13, 2019 at 08:00 PM.

Quick Reply