Jack
to remove ads between posts
Jul 10, 2019, 09:53 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourdan
Hi
To have 9 conductors per slot there are several solutions
a) asymmetrical 5+4 turns on successive arms (or 6+3 or 7+2 or 8+1 or 9+0=LRK)
b) symmetrical 4.5 + 4.5 turns (transit on the rotor side)
Close solutions in term of Kv
Louis
this really helps for getting more copper on with any wire probably but especially the square in that I think ideal would be to wind every other tooth with only one layer of turns, against the square tooth wall, and then the tooth beside it can do the first layer while also laying the second layer on top, with the square wire it holds and they stack well, and can go up the tooth finishing the second layer. With square's ability to lay on top of other layers you can avoid what has always been my biggest obstacle of getting the last turns of the second layer on as the turn before is always in the way while going down.

so best to count the total turns of two teeth and think about it that way. instead of 9 turns on each tooth it's 18 turns total I need to get on the tooth pairs. with round I do 9+9 just fitting. My attempt winding the square wire i got the 9 turns on the first tooth and then could only get 7 on it's pair. It's especially bad winding from above with the square and it shows the same results only able to get the 7 on the tooth pair with this drawing which is encouraging. Its a 10.6mm gap to get the next turn in and the wire is 11.5 at its thinnest.

going off the drawing, which did prove itself to some degree, two more conductors winding from below and stacking will just fit. have to get more wire and my small sample is gone. once the square wire twists its done.
Last edited by Hummina; Jul 11, 2019 at 12:17 AM.
Jul 20, 2019, 04:18 PM
Thread OP
If anyone finds some square wire in smaller sizes (17awg) that's reasonably priced please post it. this mws wire is rediculous at 1.55$ a foot in bulk while round 17 awg is under .08$ a foot.

I got another sample of 17awg because i thought it would be possible to stack and wind all layers from the bottom as I said before and not get stuck doing the second layer while going down. It isn't possible to stack 17awg and it falls between itself similar to round wire. In fatter sizes I imagine it would be possible.

the square wire in these narrow sizes is also really difficulty to keep from twisting and its easy to end up with less copper as it twists and doesn't stack well even doing one layer. wish it was a sharper edged square.
Last edited by Hummina; Jul 28, 2019 at 01:10 PM.

Quick Reply