This thread is privately moderated by Bob AZ, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jun 27, 2019, 09:09 PM
Trader Rating: 6
Thread OP
$35.00 USD
Buyer pays shipping
For Sale

Jumper T-16 T-18 In Radio Charging Kit, USB-C Battery and FPV Battery

Up to date in formation at www.rcbatterykit.com

The kits now includes either 2 brand new, highly rated, verified genuine 3500 mAh LG 18650 cells ($35 + $4 Shipping) or 2 Samsung 21700 5000 mAh cells ($45 +5 Shipping), an 8 Amp charge protection circuit and balance board, a 3 way JST connector to power the radio and to check and charge the 18650 pack on a standard lipo charger, a 2A 8.4v 2S Lithium charger with auto shutoff, a chassis mount female power connector soldered to a JST connector to mate with the charger input connector on the battery pack.

All battery connections are spot welded for reliability using 100% nickle battery strips and insulated with Kapton tape. The balance / protection board will protect against overcharge and short circuits and balance charge the two batteries.

Installation requires drilling one 5/16 hole in the chassis pack panel and one into the battery compartment. The coaxial power connector to the red JST power connector is now shipped pre-soldered with shrink tubing. No soldering required!

When the radio is not being charged 8.4V is available through the charging port and custom cables to power external TXs, FPV or other 2S devices are available.

USB-C equipped Radios can now install out 5000 mAh battery pack. Current price is $25 plus shipping.

We are field testing a 5000 mAh 3S 12.64 FPV battery pack compatible with DJI and others, Introductory pricing is $40 plus shipping.

Payment via Pay Pal. Current pricing and shipping costs at www.rcbatterykit.com
Last edited by Bob AZ; Jun 14, 2020 at 02:45 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 27, 2019, 10:30 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by rezalis
Can I get one of these with an extra half-length jst coming off the pack?
8.4 volts is available from the charger connector and an XT-30 adapter is available for $6 when ordered at the same time.

Bob
Last edited by Bob AZ; Nov 27, 2019 at 09:09 PM.
Jun 27, 2019, 10:54 PM
Trader Rating: 9
I need something to power the crossfire module I have on the back of the radio. It has an xt30 port on it. I was thinking to cut out an xt30 port on the battery door and use a jst-xt30 there. then xt30 to xt30 on the crossfire so everything is removable when needed. Just to clarify when you say jst3way you mean the balance lead jst-xh right?
Jun 28, 2019, 07:11 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by rezalis
I need something to power the crossfire module I have on the back of the radio. It has an xt30 port on it. I was thinking to cut out an xt30 port on the battery door and use a jst-xt30 there. then xt30 to xt30 on the crossfire so everything is removable when needed. Just to clarify when you say jst3way you mean the balance lead jst-xh right?
Yes. The JST 1.24 mm is not always used as a balance connector.

Bob
Last edited by Bob AZ; Nov 27, 2019 at 09:10 PM.
Jun 30, 2019, 02:49 PM
Trader Rating: 8
WINDRIDER
I would like buy the 9v version.
Jun 30, 2019, 02:58 PM
Thread OP
I've sent you a PM,
Bob
Jun 30, 2019, 03:35 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by crdavis
I would like buy the 9v version.
It will ship Priority on Monday. You should have it Tuesday or Wednesday.

Bob
Jul 11, 2019, 10:56 PM
Thread OP
All battery to battery and battery to board connections are now spot welded.

Bob
Jul 12, 2019, 05:46 PM
Bob, I just ordered the T16. How hard is it to install your kit for a person who has never modified a radio? Thanks

Which version do you recommend, or why are there two?

Thanks
Jul 12, 2019, 05:54 PM
And, where do you get a 9 volt supply?
Jul 12, 2019, 06:17 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alopath
Bob, I just ordered the T16. How hard is it to install your kit for a person who has never modified a radio? Thanks

Which version do you recommend, or why are there two?

Thanks
It's dead easy. It just requires drilling a 5/16th hole for the power connector and another between the battery compartment and the space in the radio. The back is even easier to remove than than the Tarannis . Attach the power connector to the back with the included nut, then run the wires from the red JST connector from the battery compartment and solder the two leads to the connector and reassemble. I mark the two terminals of the connector red and black.

Nothing is connected to the radio. The 3 way JST 1.24 connector is plugged into the connector on the radio. The red JST is used for charging.

I suggest the regular kit with the 2A lipo charger which will automatically turn green when charged and red while charging. If you order in the near future you will receive a balance charge/protection board at not extra cost because I am out of stock of the non balance ones.

The reason there are two is because some folks may have a 9V charger which will work with the balance board and doesn't require a special 8.4V 2S lipo charger which is supplied with the standard protection board. Both boards prevent over charging and could be set up as a low voltage cut off as well, but I think that could be dangerous. Rather damage the battery than lose the aircraft!

Bob

To remove the back, snap off the rubber grips, remove the top plate which could be used for a future antenna, and undo 4 screws. There are some good You Tube videos on opening up the T-16.
Last edited by Bob AZ; Jul 12, 2019 at 08:20 PM.
Jul 12, 2019, 06:21 PM
I’d like to order now but don’t know which....

Which is the safest and most efficient?
Jul 12, 2019, 08:18 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alopath
Iíd like to order now but donít know which....

Which is the safest and most efficient?
They are both equally safe and in testing the normal board did an excellent job of equally charging both cells but the balance board will also balance out the two cells so they are very close in charge. It is not that critical for this application which is a low drain one.

But you will get the best of both, a self regulating 8.4v LIPO charger and a balance / protection board.

Bob
Jul 13, 2019, 12:18 PM
Bob, you May not have gotten my email. Please pm your PayPal info. Thanks!
Jul 16, 2019, 02:07 PM
Trader Rating: 0
Hey Bob

Can I charge my radio while the battery is still connected with this mod without harming the radio? I'm thinking about doing the same mod but using a 3 pin connector and making a cable that breaks out to a xt30 and Ballance connector, so no balance board needed. what's your thoughts?

Quick Reply