Jun 26, 2019, 03:03 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

My First build (WPL c24) [Question]

So this is the first time I get into building an rc vehicle and I was hoping to find some answers. I've got the KIT version and installed the following electronics with the stock 180 motor and servo -> https://bit.ly/2X3PWaN
I also added some metal parts -> https://bit.ly/2Ngd0mX

Now my questions:
- It seems my suspension is kinda "stiff" compared to some videos I've watched online, maybe I adjusted the plastic links too much into the chassis? or maybe this is actually a good thing?
- The servo makes a concurrent noise when I loose the steering wheel to the "neutral" position, maybe because it isn't returning to the centre position? is this bad and I should work on my steering setup (steering rod and arm)?

Any other recommendations? it's quite a fun toy for the amount of money I put to get it all working and it was fun building it, I actually have a RTR b36 on the way which I'm also planning to make some metal upgrades.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 27, 2019, 07:01 AM
Thread OP
Found another issue, noob fault I guess... so one of the driveshafts popped off from the motor but now I can't get the screw out because I used the red loctite provided with the metal kit (picture attached).
Jun 27, 2019, 10:53 AM
Don't get discouraged by the WPLs. They're neat for what they are, but they aren't a hobby grade RC. The C34 is probably closer to hobby grade being all metal.

That being said for the red locktite, heat the part and you might be able to get the screw out.

Reference the suspension, you can get those links too tight which stiffens up the suspension. Just back them off until the move freely.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Jun 27, 2019, 12:54 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_law_man01
Don't get discouraged by the WPLs. They're neat for what they are, but they aren't a hobby grade RC. The C34 is probably closer to hobby grade being all metal.

That being said for the red locktite, heat the part and you might be able to get the screw out.

Reference the suspension, you can get those links too tight which stiffens up the suspension. Just back them off until the move freely.

Oh no I'm not discouraged at all, I'm quite happy even if I don't drive the truck anymore lol.

Btw I think I fixed the steering and suspension issue, now I have to fix the driveshaft; hell if I can't get the screw out I'll get another driveshaft and that should be just fine.

Any other tips you can give?
Jun 27, 2019, 12:57 PM
Blue locktite. Never red locktite on RCs.

Quick Reply