Thread Tools
Jul 09, 2019, 12:52 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwtfpv
Hi Guys

Just letting you know that I've now added another document outlining how to update the firmware.

Cheers

Jase
Thanks jwtfpv,
I've ordered mine and no doubt will need this thread to get it up and working properly
I was tempted to get yet another F2s but this is looking very promising especially for the price . I just need to read up on it as much as possible now while it drifts down here.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Jul 09, 2019, 01:16 AM
Registered User
Thread OP
Hi drambuidhe

No problem. I'll be keen to hear how you go.

Cheers

Jase

Quote:
Originally Posted by drambuidhe
Thanks jwtfpv,
I've ordered mine and no doubt will need this thread to get it up and working properly
I was tempted to get yet another F2s but this is looking very promising especially for the price . I just need to read up on it as much as possible now while it drifts down here.
Jul 20, 2019, 02:54 AM
Registered User
Mine arrived today and in record time from Bangood which is a good start!
I was concerned the power module was the same heavy unit the FY-Lite uses since it looked very similar. I needn't have worried as you can see in the pics it's very much smaller.
The whole thing looks very good quality and it's nice that all the leads are silicon coated for flexibility.
All I need to do now is graft it into the Z84 then get my head round setting it all up-wish me luck!!
P.S all this for $100 NZ or 55 pounds
Jul 20, 2019, 04:39 AM
Registered User
Thread OP
Hi drambuidhe

She is definitely a small flight controller. I'd be interested in what your all up weight with the Z84 will be. Keep the photos coming.

Cheers

Jase
Jul 20, 2019, 03:53 PM
Registered User
Thread OP
Hi drambuidhe

Are you handy with Arduino?

Cheers

Jase
Jul 22, 2019, 01:00 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwtfpv
Hi drambuidhe

Are you handy with Arduino?

Cheers

Jase
Hi Jase ,
Arduino ?? I used to live near Arduaine in Scotland
No- seriously - I don't but would like to learn more IF I was more computer literate.
This is why I've always used either the FY41 or the F2s flight controllers which don't need access to PC's.
I'm hoping this FC will be simple enough to set up , I've studied the manual and hopefully will get my head round it
Are you satisfied with it's performance so far??
Jul 23, 2019, 07:27 AM
Registered User
Thread OP
Hi drambuidhe

No problem. I've since purchased a second unit. The only complaint I have at this stage is the image is a little dark which I'm currently trying to resolve.

Cheers

Jase
Jul 24, 2019, 03:11 PM
Registered User
Thread OP
Hi drambuidhe

I spotted the following video and thought you might find it of interest. It suggests that the Beitian 180 and 220 units are interchangeable (provided the flight controller doesn't configure the GPS at startup).

I hope that helps.

Cheers

Jase

https://youtu.be/n89zKarWohs?t=135
Jul 26, 2019, 05:00 AM
Registered User
Hi Jase,
I began the install this evening and before I connected the VTX and camera to the FC I tested the voltage at each output from the FC.
The one to the camera was feeding 5v but the one to the VTX only showed 1.5v?
This is the one that's sending the video back to the vtx for transmission so I guess needs no more than this.
I just don't understand why the manual shows 9V at each of these points??
Just puzzled but not bothered since it fired right up and showed a great , clear OSD
So-so far so good , I just need to continue setting the rest up tomorrow.
Jul 26, 2019, 01:02 PM
Registered User
Thread OP
Hi drambuidhe

That seems very odd. I measured the voltage on my first FC and it was definitely providing 9V to both the camera and VTX. I will check the second unit tomorrow.

Cheers

Jase

Quote:
Originally Posted by drambuidhe
Hi Jase,
I began the install this evening and before I connected the VTX and camera to the FC I tested the voltage at each output from the FC.
The one to the camera was feeding 5v but the one to the VTX only showed 1.5v?
This is the one that's sending the video back to the vtx for transmission so I guess needs no more than this.
I just don't understand why the manual shows 9V at each of these points??
Just puzzled but not bothered since it fired right up and showed a great , clear OSD
So-so far so good , I just need to continue setting the rest up tomorrow.
Jul 27, 2019, 09:12 PM
Registered User
Thread OP
Hi drambuidhe

I used the multimeter to check the PMU Port voltage for the CAM and VTX.

CAM: 8.94V

VTX: 9.06V

Are you testing the correct pins?

Cheers

Jase
Jul 27, 2019, 11:23 PM
Registered User
HI
I am very glad that you can use this product, the latest userManual and firmware are in the attachment, I am a user from China.
Jul 28, 2019, 01:08 AM
Registered User
Thread OP
Hi huahuaFPV

Thanks for posting. I'm curious what firmware version 6.0 addresses? In addition I was wondering if it's available in Chinese and English?

Cheers

Jase

Quote:
Originally Posted by huahuaFPV
HI
I am very glad that you can use this product, the latest userManual and firmware are in the attachment, I am a user from China.
Jul 28, 2019, 02:37 AM
Registered User
V6.0 Can choose language in osd menu. I don't know what address can download new version firmware if i know i would post here

通过我的 HMA-AL00 上的 Tapatalk发言
Jul 28, 2019, 03:05 AM
Registered User
https://github.com/HelloLeFei
v6.0 can change language through OSD menu.


Quick Reply
Message:

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion SN Sparrow Flight Controller ralfrcgroups FPV Equipment 115 Oct 07, 2019 07:44 PM