Thread Tools
Sep 17, 2019, 08:35 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieHoppy
As a matter of curiosity, what does this SN do when it loses satellite lock? Simply not be able to return home and continue to fly in whatever mode the switch position was in? Or does it default to a certain mode eg stab, and if so, can this be changed?
I had a quick look at the manual but couldn't see any options.
Hmm this is actually in a table in the failsafe section of manual version 2.5.

If sat>6 RTH will return to home. GPS signal lost RTH will go to stab mode, close throttle and circle down.

If you don't have the latest manual search for "lefeirc github" or "hellolefei github" and you will find it along with the latest firmware.

Hope that helps, Wes
Last edited by Wes_H; Sep 17, 2019 at 09:15 PM. Reason: adding some info
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Sep 17, 2019, 09:13 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by cezarepicentr
Nice demonstration and review.
Sep 17, 2019, 10:03 PM
what goes up, must come down..
AussieHoppy's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes_H
Hmm this is actually in a table in the failsafe section of manual version 2.5.
If sat>6 RTH will return to home. GPS signal lost RTH will go to stab mode, close throttle and circle down.
If you don't have the latest manual search for lefeirc github and you will find it along with the latest firmware.
Hope that helps, Wes
Thanks Wes.
That's assuming I am in RTH mode where it would stab/throttle cut/circle, but if I was flying in manual mode when sats dropped out, would it still default to stab/throttle cut/circle? Or continue on in manual mode?
This is what I was looking for in the manual. I'm on my cell phone now, trying to read an online manual is frustrating
Sep 17, 2019, 10:36 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieHoppy
Thanks Wes.
That's assuming I am in RTH mode where it would stab/throttle cut/circle, but if I was flying in manual mode when sats dropped out, would it still default to stab/throttle cut/circle? Or continue on in manual mode?
This is what I was looking for in the manual. I'm on my cell phone now, trying to read an online manual is frustrating
Yeah as long as your RC connection is not lost it will stay in whatever mode you are switched to, but of course then if you switched to RTH it would do the cut throttle, circle down routine.

Basically if you lose GPS but your still in control you'll want to switch to manual to fly it back and land and figure out what's wrong. If you lost your RC connection you would want RTH to hopefully bring it back to circle overhead so you can reestablish your control and land. If it loses GPS and you lost RC control you'd want it to default to RTH and then it would just circle down and hopefully not land on something like high up in a tree or cause problems in traffic or something. You would not want it to default to Hold mode on loss of control because then with or without GPS it could just keep flying until the battery died.
Last edited by Wes_H; Sep 17, 2019 at 11:29 PM. Reason: clarifying
Sep 19, 2019, 04:00 AM
what goes up, must come down..
AussieHoppy's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes_H
Yeah as long as your RC connection is not lost it will stay in whatever mode you are switched to, but of course then if you switched to RTH it would do the cut throttle, circle down routine....
Wonderful, thanks Wes!
Two reasons I needed confirmation that this AP would not by default revert to stab/throttle cut/circle, regardless of mode switch position...
~ For others in places for example some areas of Russia where sats can drop off for a couple of minutes without warning;
~ I'll probably try an SN AP in a sport aerobatic plane.
I have tried other cheaper AP's that by default revert to stab mode on loss of sats regardless of mode switch position, so sometimes when I would fly low proximity inverted for a few seconds more than I should have then sat count would drop, it would override everything and revert to stab mode- quite unnerving when the AP flips the plane back upright!
Thanks again, I appreciate your time to reply and clarify.
Cheers
Sep 19, 2019, 04:22 AM
Registered User
nicktwinnflying (1 min 33 sec)


Pleased to report this FC is working brilliantly
Just need to work on the motor noise on the OSD now
Sep 19, 2019, 06:43 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieHoppy
Wonderful, thanks Wes!
Two reasons I needed confirmation that this AP would not by default revert to stab/throttle cut/circle, regardless of mode switch position...
~ For others in places for example some areas of Russia where sats can drop off for a couple of minutes without warning;
~ I'll probably try an SN AP in a sport aerobatic plane.
I have tried other cheaper AP's that by default revert to stab mode on loss of sats regardless of mode switch position, so sometimes when I would fly low proximity inverted for a few seconds more than I should have then sat count would drop, it would override everything and revert to stab mode- quite unnerving when the AP flips the plane back upright!
Thanks again, I appreciate your time to reply and clarify.
Cheers
Hi AussieHoppy,

You're welcome, but I should clarify further. I'm basing this on available information from the manual and the betaflight/inav forked code base this FC is using, I have not personally tested this scenario, but the INAV manual states that any of the modes which are not GPS-dependent will not be affected by loss of GPS or a GPS error, however it mentions POSHOLD mode (um this is wings not copter) would be forced into ANGLE mode (which is not GPS dependent).

I would try testing this by blocking the GPS module and observing the OSD after GPS lock is obtained and various modes are selected, and possibly we could get some input from the developers in this forum (huahuaFPV you there?)

Wes
Sep 19, 2019, 10:46 PM
Registered User
Thread OP
Hi Guys

First and foremost, I've updated the instructions to include more detail about FC failsafe.

Secondly, I've added a photo of a low dropout voltage regulator that I made for those of you that need 12V for cameras and/or video transmitters.

Finally, in the LEFEIRC SN-AAT thread I've added some photos of my upgraded tracker.

If you have any questions or suggestions please feel free to post and I'll do my best to answer them.

Cheers

Jase
Sep 24, 2019, 12:52 PM
mdv
mdv
Registered User
I don't see the source code on Github. I believe this should be provided since the code is based on Betaflight. Probably just minor tweaks.

<edit> Wes_H showed me where to find the source.
Last edited by mdv; Sep 25, 2019 at 09:14 AM.
Sep 25, 2019, 12:09 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdv
I don't see the source code on Github. I believe this should be provided since the code is based on Betaflight. Probably just minor tweaks.

I would like to order a couple of these but I don't want to support vendors who rip off other developer's code and make money off it without following the licensing rules.
It should be there just go to the top level at github.com/HelloLeFei and you'll find all open sources I believe.
Last edited by Wes_H; Sep 25, 2019 at 01:14 AM. Reason: clarify
Sep 25, 2019, 01:12 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwtfpv
Hi Guys

First and foremost, I've updated the instructions to include more detail about FC failsafe.

Secondly, I've added a photo of a low dropout voltage regulator that I made for those of you that need 12V for cameras and/or video transmitters.

Finally, in the LEFEIRC SN-AAT thread I've added some photos of my upgraded tracker.

If you have any questions or suggestions please feel free to post and I'll do my best to answer them.

Cheers

Jase
Jase,

I think your documentation and other contributions are fantastic and so very helpful. Nicely done.
Sep 25, 2019, 01:39 AM
Registered User
Thread OP
Hi Wes_H

Thanks for the kind words.

Cheers

Jase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes_H
Jase,

I think your documentation and other contributions are fantastic and so very helpful. Nicely done.
Sep 25, 2019, 09:14 AM
mdv
mdv
Registered User
You are correct sir. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes_H
It should be there just go to the top level at github.com/HelloLeFei and you'll find all open sources I believe.
Sep 25, 2019, 07:49 PM
Registered User

Input / output mapping and source code !


Hi All.
In regards to recent discussion above.
The SN_L flight controller IS NOT a copy of any other players code. ( Yes perhaps sections of generic code for stabilization etc , but all makers are guilty of this to some extent). Thus the designers have the right to guard the source code for their SN_L device as closed and not available for others to hack.
Kindly see discussion on another forum regarding Pixel osd output.
https://github.com/iNavFlight/inav/issues/4287
Every flight controller type or branch of common type for example Matek various fixed wing controllers use generic code, However note that differing families of these flight controllers will map the input output lines to peripheral devices differently. The inputs for aileron, elevator, throttle rudder etc may be connected to differing input lines on the microprocessor chip according to device family.
The SN-L family would have differing input / output connections than that of other flight controllers.
Secondly this SN-L has a method of displaying the osd data in a way that is relatively new to flight controllers.
Instead of overlaying the osd via a video overlay chip ( MAX or similar) it takes the video steam in via the microprocessor and digitally places the osd data into the video steam. This results in a very clear and stable OSD display.
Take a look at an Inav device, notice one chip is oblong in shape with around 28 pins, this is the video overlay chip then refer to the layout shown in the link above. The SN_L device is using the processor to digitally display the OSD data.

Lasty could the SN_L team kindly advise where we can purchase the SN_L navi ( waypoint enabled ) flight controller announced 1 month ago on the github page.
Last edited by led lighter; Sep 25, 2019 at 07:59 PM.
Sep 25, 2019, 09:53 PM
Registered User
Hi all
I have a Bixler and it seems to be circling way too fast in RTH. Which menu item would I adjust to slow it down?
I have radius set at 50m and height at 50m.
Cheers David


Quick Reply
Message:

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion SN Sparrow Flight Controller ralfrcgroups FPV Equipment 115 Oct 07, 2019 07:44 PM