to remove ads between posts
Jun 25, 2019, 09:40 PM
Nice!! Maybe review with this AAT Tracker?
Jun 25, 2019, 10:09 PM
Sent by Touch Typing
Warning!! Warning!! Bangood link shows airspeed device! choose straight pin or "L" pin to see the price of the Flight Controller.

Looks to me like a good replacement for the Cyclops Storm.
Jun 25, 2019, 11:05 PM
Thread OP
Hi deeh_46

If someone is happy to send me one I'd be happy to document it.

Cheers

Jase

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeh_46
Nice!! Maybe review with this AAT Tracker?
Jun 25, 2019, 11:28 PM
Thread OP
Hi Heppy Ket

It is a little confusing the way Banggood has listed the item. To clarify, the 'Airspeed Meter' (Pitot Tube) is not included in the basic kit. In addition you can choose between an 'L-Type Plug' (Right Angle Header Pins) and 'Straight Plug' (Straight Header Pins).

I agree it is a good replacement for the Cyclops Storm.

Cheers

Jase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heppy Ket
Warning!! Warning!! Bangood link shows airspeed device! choose straight pin or "L" pin to see the price of the Flight Controller.

Looks to me like a good replacement for the Cyclops Storm.
Jun 29, 2019, 05:41 AM
I'm in the market for another budget flight controller to put in my Z84.
I usually use the F2s controllers since the OSD is very good for such a budget FC however the GPS units can be a bit hit and miss (In my opinion) which can affect the RTH function at times and not having a barometer leads to some dodgy altitude readings at times.
This is looking very interesting for guy's such as myself who don't have enough IT knowledge for the likes of Inav and the likes and who also doesn't have deep enough pockets for Vectors and similar top range products.
I'd like to see more of your findings if possible?
How did it perform in balance mode, altitude and heading hold and above all- RTH mode??
I have to admit to skipping through your vid but it seemed you flew in "Manual" the whole time and I saw no use of RTH?
Thanks
Jun 29, 2019, 07:34 AM
Thread OP
Hi drambuidhe

Thanks for posting. I've clocked in a number of flights now without issue. I will endeavour to upload another video in the coming days demonstrating the flight modes you're interested in.

Cheers

Jase

Quote:
Originally Posted by drambuidhe
I'm in the market for another budget flight controller to put in my Z84.
I usually use the F2s controllers since the OSD is very good for such a budget FC however the GPS units can be a bit hit and miss (In my opinion) which can affect the RTH function at times and not having a barometer leads to some dodgy altitude readings at times.
This is looking very interesting for guy's such as myself who don't have enough IT knowledge for the likes of Inav and the likes and who also doesn't have deep enough pockets for Vectors and similar top range products.
I'd like to see more of your findings if possible?
How did it perform in balance mode, altitude and heading hold and above all- RTH mode??
I have to admit to skipping through your vid but it seemed you flew in "Manual" the whole time and I saw no use of RTH?
Thanks
Jul 02, 2019, 05:41 AM
Thread OP
Hi Guys

I've uploaded a second video illustrating flight modes AH, HOVER, MANUAL and RTH. I noticed I loose altitude when using AH. I believe this is trims. I will keep you posted.

Cheers

Jase
Last edited by jwtfpv; Jul 02, 2019 at 02:14 PM.
Jul 03, 2019, 02:17 AM
Sent by Touch Typing
Thanks for that, I have decided I now like "hover" handy for just the purpose you demonstrated. The Bigaole FC also used to wander a little with altitude, it did not cause me any grief, but having the trims sorted manually was a good thing to do, and if you were in RTH a clik of up trim just made sure it did not descend on the way home.
Jul 03, 2019, 03:21 PM
Thread OP
Hi Heppy Ket

I agree 'HOVER' (circle) can be useful.

I spent some time yesterday adjusting the physical trims. I hope to get out this morning to see if this resolves the issue with 'AH' (altitude hold). I will keep you posted.

Cheers

Jase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heppy Ket
Thanks for that, I have decided I now like "hover" handy for just the purpose you demonstrated. The Bigaole FC also used to wander a little with altitude, it did not cause me any grief, but having the trims sorted manually was a good thing to do, and if you were in RTH a clik of up trim just made sure it did not descend on the way home.
Jul 04, 2019, 05:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwtfpv
Hi Guys

I've uploaded a second video illustrating flight modes AH, HOVER, MANUAL and RTH. I noticed I loose altitude when using AH. I believe this is trims. I will keep you posted.

Cheers

Jase
Thanks for that jwtfpv ,
It certainly seems to work well and the OSD is easier to read than the FY Lite's too.
How did you find the accuracy of the amps module? Did you put back as much as it showed it consumed?
Considering this is cheaper than the FY and much smaller it's looking like a good buy.
Thanks for showing
Jul 04, 2019, 03:47 PM
Thread OP
Hi drambuidhe

No problem. I agree it works well. The OSD is much easier to read than the FeiyuTech FY-41AP Lite.

The current sensor is not too bad. In my first test the flight summary indicated 3045mAh had been drawn while my charger showed 3542mAh had been drawn. I think the truth lies somewhere in the middle.

I hope that helps.

Cheers

Jase

Quote:
Originally Posted by drambuidhe
Thanks for that jwtfpv ,
It certainly seems to work well and the OSD is easier to read than the FY Lite's too.
How did you find the accuracy of the amps module? Did you put back as much as it showed it consumed?
Considering this is cheaper than the FY and much smaller it's looking like a good buy.
Thanks for showing
Jul 05, 2019, 09:27 AM
Thread OP
Hi Guys

I've uploaded a third video. No problem with AH (Altitude Hold) mode now mechanical trims sorted.

Cheers

Jase
Last edited by jwtfpv; Jul 05, 2019 at 03:18 PM.
Jul 06, 2019, 12:35 AM
Thread OP
Hi Guys

Just a heads up. I received a second LEFEIRC SN-L FC late last week. I fired it up today and noticed that it is in Chinese. After a little searching I found how to update it which resolved the issue. Basically three pieces of software are required.
  1. mavGCS (Cofiguration/Update Software)
  2. CP210 (Driver)
  3. snFW57_EN.bin (Firmware)

Below is the link to GitHub where all these are available. I will endeavour to update the Quick Start Guide in the coming days.

GitHub

Cheers

Jase
Jul 08, 2019, 06:18 AM
Thread OP
Hi Guys

Just letting you know that I've now added another document outlining how to update the firmware.

Cheers

Jase

Quick Reply