Feb 11, 2005, 08:21 PM
85 degrees and sunny
Thread OP

Who sells Multiplex sailplanes here in th USA?

Ever since "smashedtoad" (a.k.a. "mrmpx" & "the emperor") left Multiplex USA I don't see Multiplex sailplanes listed on the MPX USA website. Who sells Multiplex sailplanes in the USA? I had a couple MPX sailplanes (Lucky and Flamingo 2001) and I thought they were good planes for the money at that time. I don't know how it is with the Euro strong against the US dollar now, though.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 12, 2005, 12:04 PM
No one has the contest line from MPX. MPX Germany has dumped the Contest Line to the company that made them for MPX.
Feb 12, 2005, 12:49 PM
Dealers may be able to special order from Hitec/MPX but the best idea is to use a European outfit like Modelspot.com. They ship worldwide.
Feb 12, 2005, 02:05 PM
Hitec / MPX no longer have the contest line. Agreed Gordon Upton (modelspot.com) is a great person to deal with.
Feb 12, 2005, 03:32 PM
85 degrees and sunny
Thread OP
Thanks smashed_toad and rutat for replying. I was looking at modelspot.com before I posted here with my question. With the exchange rate and the shipping, I don't think I would want to pay that kind of money coming from out of country.

Many hobby distributors really has changed or moved on or even closed in the past few years. Too bad.
Feb 12, 2005, 03:37 PM
EDF Head
www.hoellein.com have some of the MPX line, 16% (German VAT) is deducted on non-EU orders.
Feb 13, 2005, 02:53 AM
Get em while you can because there are no more. Well at least from MPX even MPX Germany is OUT. Only a few odd and end fuses left a 5 sets of DG 600 wings, 5 sets of Milan Wings and a few lucky fuses are at the factory thats it the contest line is at its new home away from MPX.
Feb 13, 2005, 05:53 AM
85 degrees and sunny
Thread OP
Thanks Karlton for keeping us in the loop. I've got a Lucky that is one of the best slope flyers I've owned. Great workmanship and quality. Maybe if I'm crazy enough I might look into importing one MPX ASH 26 or DG600 just to have waiting in the rafters...
Feb 13, 2005, 01:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashed_Toad
No one has the contest line from MPX. MPX Germany has dumped the Contest Line to the company that made them for MPX.
Still says MPX contest line on their website though...:

http://www.tangent-modelltechnik.com...dellsport.html
Feb 13, 2005, 02:46 PM
Under licence. MPX Germany is no longer selling or designing the line.
Feb 14, 2005, 10:26 PM
85 degrees and sunny
Thread OP
I read something on RCSE that most likely a longtime importer of high end R/C scale sailplanes maybe able to get the MPX/Tangent Contest Line models. I will wait and see...
May 05, 2021, 06:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by glide
Ever since "smashedtoad" (a.k.a. "mrmpx" & "the emperor") left Multiplex USA I don't see Multiplex sailplanes listed on the MPX USA website. Who sells Multiplex sailplanes in the USA? I had a couple MPX sailplanes (Lucky and Flamingo 2001) and I thought they were good planes for the money at that time. I don't know how it is with the Euro strong against the US dollar now, though.
NEWS Soon.... What what Mr MPX aka "the emperor" of R/C fun may or may not have big news? Well, Heads UP, Stay Tuned keep your wits about you as news may be out soon..

Now where is my new Lentus? Tra La lA la La
Latest blog entry: Twist Photos
May 05, 2021, 08:30 PM
85 degrees and sunny
Thread OP
Oh wow! A thread ressurected from 16 years. Well let use know if we'll have the Multiplex line of r/c sailplanes again. I'll buy a couple.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk
May 05, 2021, 08:37 PM
Only 16 years ago feels like forever... My Profi 4000 is over the legal age to drink...
Whatever you do.. DO not look at www.MrMPXHobbies.com just do not do it until I BLOW this Whistle!
No one is to stone anyone until I blow this whistle! Monty Python. (0 min 7 sec)
May 06, 2021, 11:44 AM
Wait what?

Quick Reply