Jun 25, 2019, 08:39 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

brushless motors

Hi Guys, Two weeks ago, I took 3 boats out to run. Two monos and a Zipp kit fe 33 outrigger. The two monos are set up with L 36-56-1500 motor Aquacraft 65 amp esc s and 4s lipos. The first mono ran about 3 laps and stopped. When I got it back, the motor can had separated from the end cap that was attached to the mount. The second mono ran about 3 laps and stopped. i thought that I could hear it running but not continuously. It would run for about 2 seconds and stop each time I cycled the throttle. So I have no clue why. When I got home, I changed motors and everything seems to be OK. I did not run the rigger because I figured that I already had two strikes and did not to chance it. Does anyone have any ideas why the motor failed? Thank you, Gary
to remove ads between posts
Jun 25, 2019, 08:46 AM
On boat #2, did you check temps of the motor, esc or connectors when you limped it back in? What about battery voltage? Iím learning that with my boats, unusually high temps in one of those areas tends to direct me to the problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quick Reply