This thread is privately moderated by old4570, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jun 24, 2019, 11:47 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

HobbyKing Firstar Maiden Flight

HobbyKing Firstar BNF (5 min 31 sec)

Oh dear ! , the Sun Glare was really bad and it really F'ed with my depth perception !
The tree I hit was literally invisible to me because of the glare ( I don't deal well with glare )

( I swear officer ! The tree came out of no where and hit my plane )

A) The Firstar has plenty of power to ROG ( Rise off ground )
B) My CG is a little rearward
C) First part of the video I am trying to trim for power . It took all the down trim the pot had to offer .
D) The Firstar flies really well , shame about the low sun . Made things harder than they needed to be .
E) Yes , the Firstar could be a very nice first model ( Currently on Sale @ HobbyKing )
F) My CG is just behind the spar , Ail 100% + 20% Expo / Elevator 100% + 60% Expo
G) Battery is a Nanotech 460 2s ( Fits in the fuse real nice )
H) Yes , I hit a tree . The damage was a small dint on the wings LE and a few minor scratches on the wing surface .
I) The sun made things a PITA , but I still had fun .. And thats what it's about .
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply