Jun 25, 2019, 08:02 PM
Operator Error
Thread OP
only used por for motor mount dowels ,the spar is hot glue very heavy next time ill use something lighter
to remove ads between posts
Jun 29, 2019, 05:19 PM
Operator Error
Thread OP
i've done some testing and i think i've figured out what happened,I was using the por in holes glueing in dowels and hinges,and i was not letting it tack up.
so the vapors could not escape,I tried some ono a scrap of the xps used for my plane in open air and it didnt eat the foam,tried same thing on plain white eps
didn't eat that either,then i shoves a toothpick through the xps,added some por and waited about a half hour and cut it open and the hole had tripled in size
so i guess i'll avoid confining it anless its hade time to breathe

i want to use this glue to assembly my new skywalker 1880 but i'm afraid to try it,is the skywalker epo or epp?

thanks for all the replies and help,
Jun 29, 2019, 05:40 PM
IMO ( In My Opinion ) →
Quote:
Originally Posted by mystwalker

i want to use this glue to assembly my new skywalker 1880 but i'm afraid to try it,is the skywalker epo or epp?

thanks for all the replies and help,
Screenshot from the SkyWalker 1880 manual ↓
Jul 02, 2019, 08:35 AM
Operator Error
Thread OP
Gonna try to get a maiden on the 4th,not sure if I can vet vid or not
Jul 10, 2019, 05:25 PM
Operator Error
Thread OP
it flew! sorry no video,i had my brother throw it for me so i could stay on the radio and still crashed 3 times before i got it trimmed out,i was afraid my power setup was not enough.....it's
almost too much,this thing is way faster than i expected it's more sport than trainer,i need to back off on my aileron travel its very touchy but its still in one piece so i can try again will take my runcam next time so ill get some kind of vid

cheers and all that good stuff,
josh
Jul 10, 2019, 05:55 PM
IMO ( In My Opinion ) →
Quote:
it flew! sorry no video,i had my brother throw it for me so i could stay on the radio and still crashed 3 times before i got it trimmed out,i was afraid my power setup was not enough.....it's
almost too much,this thing is way faster than i expected it's more sport than trainer,i need to back off on my aileron travel its very touchy but its still in one piece so i can try again will take my runcam next time so ill get some kind of vid

cheers and all that good stuff,
josh
Did you fly your scratch built plane or the Skwalker 1880 ?
Jul 12, 2019, 09:58 AM
Operator Error
Thread OP
flew the scratch built,still need servos and stuff for the sw so haven't glued it together yet,im'kina scared to fly it yet anyway,i haven't flown since 2001 so that's why i built the pink foam plane,so i could get some practice befor trying something i paid for
any ideas on slowing it down?
Jul 12, 2019, 11:39 AM
IMO ( In My Opinion ) →
Quote:
flew the scratch built,still need servos and stuff for the sw so haven't glued it together yet,im'kina scared to fly it yet anyway,i haven't flown since 2001 so that's why i built the pink foam plane,so i could get some practice befor trying something i paid for
any ideas on slowing it down?
The main ingredient for slow flight is low wing loading . Wing loading is the weight relative to the wing area . To achieve low wing loading , minimize weight and maximize wing area .

Stability is also beneficial to easier flying . To achieve stability , make a wing with dihedral or polyhedral ( wing ends angled up ) . You could probably achieve both slower flight and more stability by building another wing to fit on your fuselage . Build a wing with more wing area and dihedral or polyhedral , or extend the current wing to have a longer wing span ( more wing area ) with polyhedral ends . And trim the weight any way you can ( lighter battery , etc ) .

Here is a polyhedral winged plane I've made for the purpose of slow flight , so I made it with extremely low wing loading :

FT Old Fogey-ish with 60" wingspan (1 min 56 sec)
Jul 12, 2019, 08:54 PM
Operator Error
Thread OP
Niiiice! i love how it floats,i think i will try to add polyhedral ends to my wing,what i have now is 47 inch span 5 7/8 inch chord naca 2415 airfoil 2212 1000kv aeronaut 8x4 folding prop
60a esc(way overkill and heavy but i wanted the option to go bigger later) will use it for the sw
and get a smaller one for this 4 9g servos 1800 3s total weight 650 grams. if i add 10 inch to the ends of the wing it will go from 276 to 393 square inches,or maybe i should go for 12 inches for 417 sq inch. maybe 4 to 5 inch rise on the ends. i have 5 sheets of dt foamboard so i could make something like yours but work is slow currently so it would be a while before i could get a smaller motor and more servos

thanks for everything,have a good night
josh
Jul 12, 2019, 09:13 PM
IMO ( In My Opinion ) →
If you don't care about looks and want something quick , easy and disposable for real world flying practice .... you could make a Super Easy . A SE can be made in about an hour out of two sheets of Dollar Tree foam board . You don't need to download/print plans , and it can use just about any electronics . Here are some videos of people who have made a SE :

RC Paper Plane (4 min 24 sec)

Super Easy Video (4 min 45 sec)

My Edited Video (3 min 9 sec)

Quick Reply