RCGroups Place of the Month - Radio Control Headquarters Shop

A great local hobby shop in San Antonio. Covers surface and air hobbies so be sure to check them out.

Splash !RCGroups June Place of the Month Every month we like to feature a group from our Places page. There are literally thousands of Places listed, pointing out sites like flying fields, hobby shops, race tracks and boat ponds all over the world. The RC Map is a great way to find a new place near you and meet some new friends. This month's featured Place is Radio Control Headquarters located in San Antonio, Texas. If you are looking for a great shop for your hobby needs in San Antonio, you need to check out this place. Here's their bio: "Our Hobby Shop opened up in San Antonio, Texas sometime around 2002 as Toys 4 Big Boys. While it was a somewhat fun name you could get a chuckle out of, it was silly, not very descriptive, way overused, and almost impossible to find online. I wouldn’t advise Googling it! Besides, we have women for customers too. Our name changed to Radio Control Headquarters, or RCHQ in 2007 under the store’s current ownership. We’ve been deliberately slow in adopting the ways of the online world and enjoy our role as a Local hobby shop and an active part of the community. The traditions of the hobby run deep in us and we work very hard at helping people have a good time. It’s a great feeling to help parents get the kids to put down the video game controller and head outside, or give anyone that’s bored and looking for something to do to find a constructive, clean, and affordable pastime. Looking for a diversion? Yup, that’s what we do. Want something new and fun to look forward to doing on the weekend? This is the right place. … and if we make enough money to pay our employees and stay in business while we’re at it … all the better! In 2011 we purchased the remainder of 2nd Chance Hobbies and launched ourselves into the Model Airplane business and our fun has been airborne ever since." !!Check out the Radio Control Headquarters Places Page @1.jpeg @2.jpeg
Jun 25, 2019, 12:08 PM
Did I make the A Main?
RCHQ is a great place to race!

I haven't been down there in a while, I live about 1.5 hours North, but we need to get another Austin crew together to make a big race event out of it soon!

Quick Reply