Jun 23, 2019, 08:49 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Pattern flying 250' ceiling

So my local flying field, Sepulveda Basin, is open for flying after several weeks of it being shut down while an LOA was hammered out with the Class D airport just to the north.

It has been a while since I flew a pattern plane, but I seem to recall flying higher than 250' . Does this effectively end using the basin as a practice field?
to remove ads between posts
Jun 24, 2019, 04:08 AM
IMO if that is what the club is help to then yes. Pretty much ends most of the flying at that site I would think.
Jun 24, 2019, 01:36 PM
Yep, foamies, heli's and 3D guys. IMAC and Pattern are not going to work with that altitude restriction.
Jun 24, 2019, 07:17 PM
Just fly smaller airplanes: 70 - 80 size glow (or electric equivalent) or smaller.
A 250' foot ceiling is pretty low, how do they plan to enforce that?
Jun 24, 2019, 08:24 PM
Stand by here come banana
Hughsey would enforce with F16 Jet Fighter!
Jun 25, 2019, 03:48 PM
I was going to say something witty, but that would be wrong. I know first hand how it is to loose a field. Fresno Radio modelers banned sequence flying, no pattern or IMAC. So no club unless you fly foamies....
Jun 25, 2019, 03:57 PM
"Get off the runway!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooney78865
I was going to say something witty, but that would be wrong. I know first hand how it is to loose a field. Fresno Radio modelers banned sequence flying, no pattern or IMAC. So no club unless you fly foamies....
How long before the FAA shuts down the Nats?
Jun 25, 2019, 04:27 PM
But you have to understand Fresno is in California! Do I need to say more???? In recent years, every left wing nonsensical idea originated in that Great State including "climate change"!
Jun 25, 2019, 05:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TN Walker
But you have to understand Fresno is in California! Do I need to say more???? In recent years, every left wing nonsensical idea originated in that Great State including "climate change"!
DANG!!!! That's "hurt" talk there! LOL! Recent years? It's been Wack a Doodle here for decades! 2 years to retirement.....
Jun 25, 2019, 06:07 PM
Come on guys, you know Cali can't hold a candle to Florida. We grow the best maniacs and the most "Wack a Doodle" ideas on the planet.
Jun 25, 2019, 06:08 PM
Mooney, I feel your pain.....
Jun 26, 2019, 01:48 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooney78865
Was the Fresno field in class D airspace?
Jun 26, 2019, 06:36 AM
No, I believe it was in "NO CLASS" airspace! BTW, I also believe in Nancy Pelosi, climate change and the tooth fairy.......
Last edited by TN Walker; Jun 26, 2019 at 03:53 PM. Reason: Clarification
Jun 27, 2019, 06:55 AM
Play that funky music right
Our home field falls within the 5 mile limit. According to an official FAA map our altitude limit is 200 feet
Jun 27, 2019, 09:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TN Walker
No, I believe it was in "NO CLASS" airspace! BTW, I also believe in Nancy Pelosi, climate change and the tooth fairy.......
That about says it all. Fresno is not in any "restricted" airspace. not even close to an active airport. It is bordered by an orchard. The club did not, or would not work with the owner of the orchard for appropriate flying limitations. Days, times, ETC. So the club banned all "sequence" flying. Effectively banning anyone from flying F3A or IMAC, anytime. Gas or electric. This was done by the "board". I received notification at the NSRCA district championships last October from a friend. They didn't even have the courage to send an e-mail or phone call anyone. It was posted on the website, which as now disappeared from the web. Fresno is pretty much a dead club.

Quick Reply