Jun 29, 2019, 02:14 AM
AMA 46133
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC YEAGER
Wow! 1cc... i think I can spit more than 1cc (I know, gross )
ROFLMAO, if your spit can power a Cox .010 You better hire an agent and market it. You will be a rich man.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 09, 2019, 11:22 PM

Ted White was my Dad

Its been really great reading about my Dad. He passed away last year and it was a very hard loss. He was a great man, father, and grandfather. I miss him everyday.
Jul 11, 2019, 12:18 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxyrpv
Its been really great reading about my Dad. He passed away last year and it was a very hard loss. He was a great man, father, and grandfather. I miss him everyday.
Thank you for posting I am sorry for your loss, I know how hard it is.

It seems like your father made quite an impact on people and that is sure something to be proud of. Although I wasn't flying R/C pattern in those days I admire he and people like him who paved the way for my generation. We have all learned and benefited from his expertiese.

I am honered to have acquired the Pitts. I am slowly working towards getting her in the air. It will take me some time but when she is ready she will fly. I doubt it will be as smooth and graceful as your father would have flown her but I will do my best.

Thank You,
Chuck
Feb 20, 2020, 06:56 PM
Hi guys, everyone know here I found plans 33% Pitts Andy sheber? Thank you
Feb 20, 2020, 07:51 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogerio silva
Hi guys, everyone know here I found plans 33% Pitts Andy sheber? Thank you
http://skycandylightsrc.com/product/...tts-s-2-plans/
Feb 25, 2020, 08:35 AM
Bellanca Kruesair
Quote:
Originally Posted by navav2002
Also-Rick Boyer has a couple of sets left
1/3 scale S1S $70 +$12 shipping,
1/3 Scale S2A $80 + $12 shipping

[email protected]
Feb 01, 2021, 07:51 AM
Thanks to all for the update on Ted. We were great friends back in the '70s when we flew pattern together. After I was transferred to California back in 1974 I lost contact with him. I hoped he was still around so I could get in touch with him.
Regards,
Dick Russ
Feb 01, 2021, 09:26 AM
Thank you Dick. He had a very fulfilling life and got to do most everything he wanted.
Feb 01, 2021, 09:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxyrpv
Thank you Dick. He had a very fulfilling life and got to do most everything he wanted.
That says a lot...........
Sep 24, 2021, 04:55 PM

Ted White

Ted and I were great friends. Unfortunately Ted died a few year back. Like you said, he was a great flyer and a great guy. I miss him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by burlesontom
Ted White. Heck of a pilot and the first person I ever saw do a rolling circle. They have fascinated me ever since then. Ted White live in the Bedford Tx area and worked for EK radio as one of the designers/techs. My aunt worked at EK also. I have been to his house several times to get the receivers tuned up on my EK radios. He would tune them while you waited. Didn't charge much either. He was also a full scale pilot and friends with Gerald Martin who flew one of the Corsairs on the Ba Ba Black Sheep series. There was a picture of Ted and Gerald flying models together in one of the old RCM magazines I had back in the 1980s.

Teds garage was like most dedicated modelers of his caliber. It was packed floor to ceiling with planes he had built. I would walk around and look at them while he worked on my radio. I tried to find out if he was still around a while back but couldn't find anything on google. I hope is still alive and well. I have met a few of the old greats like Johnny Cashburn (bought all my early RC stuff from him) Chuck Cunningham and Randy Randolph. Every one was a class act to talk to. I would have loved to of met Ken Willard.
Sep 24, 2021, 05:15 PM

1/2A owners and flyers

Hello my friends. Most reading this won't know me mainly because I'm now 83; but still building and flying RC planes. A quick background for you younger RC'ers. Back in 1975 Paul Imrisek and I started Allied Hobbies Manufacturing back in LA. I had designed the Integra and it looked like it would be a good pattern plane to offer as a kit. After it's introduction I designed the Rustler, the Revenger and The 1/2A Streaker. A close friend Otto Dieffenbach recently came to Oklahoma for a flying visit and commented on how beautiful the 1/2A Streaker was and since it was such a great flying 1/2A model and with all the thousands of COX .049 and .051 engines out there it was a shame it wasn't still available. After he left I got wild notion that he was right and have decided to offer it again as a kit. I'm still a few months away from having it available but to quote a phrase from the song, watch out here comes the Streaker.

Just wanted to let you know what I'm doing.
Sep 24, 2021, 08:59 PM
Good looking plane there Dick.
Sep 25, 2021, 12:14 PM
PhoenixFlyer

Ted White

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoot View Post
I think Ted White was also the manufacturer of the Galaxy proportional radio back in the early 70’s
Ted White : Wasn't he involved with LogiTrol also ?

Vince

Quick Reply