Sep 24, 2019, 07:28 PM
Michael S.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimq26
Gene - the Any Link comment was for those who don't fly Tactic SLT protocol. Quite a number over the years have used AnyLink to happily fly the Flyzone setup with their Spektrum transmitters.
Thank you kind sir. Great info to file away.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 15, 2019, 11:11 PM
A friend gave me this plane today.
He had trouble flying it & crashed 2 times.
Damage wasn't too bad & I've got it ready to fly now.

My question is this:
Can this plane be bound to a Tactic TTX650 TX, if so how do I do that.
Would prefer not to fly it with the little TX & I already have other planes on a TTX650.

Added:
Called Horizon tech support this morning & was told it will only bind to the TX that comes with the plane
Oh well, can't complain, since the plane was free
Last edited by Clive66; Oct 16, 2019 at 10:08 AM.
Oct 16, 2019, 02:04 PM
Can an RX swap be done on those?
Oct 16, 2019, 03:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clive66

My question is this:
Would prefer not to fly it with the little TX & I already have other planes on a TTX650.

Added:
Called Horizon tech support this morning & was told it will only bind to the TX that comes with the plane
Are you sure about that it only binds with the supplird POS tranny?? I ask because the original ares version ( identical looking POS tranny ) bound with ' hitec red' , a few club members use aurora 9's to fly the ares badged model
Oct 16, 2019, 04:40 PM
I'm sure it doesn't bind to Tactic TTX600, TTX650, or TTX850 TX's & doesn't bind to Spektrum either.

Have no idea if it will bind to Hitec, but since I don't have a Hitec TX, don't care either.
Oct 17, 2019, 08:04 AM
Happy fly begin
Start at post 29 and read thru the discussion. Seems to be a protocol of its own. Nothing binds to it except the radio it comes with.
Oct 17, 2019, 08:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clive66

My question is this:

Added:
See post #102
Oct 17, 2019, 08:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBee
Can an RX swap be done on those?
See post #102 where the original Flyzone/SLT rx and servos are easy to replace the garbage supplied in this new version of Flyzone
Oct 17, 2019, 09:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by locoworks
Are you sure about that it only binds with the supplird POS tranny?? I ask because the original ares version ( identical looking POS tranny ) bound with ' hitec red' , a few club members use aurora 9's to fly the ares badged model
If you read the HH reviews, you'll see that each of these planes will operate only with the TX that comes in the same box.
Oct 17, 2019, 10:59 AM
Thats a shame. Those trannys really are bad

A champ brick in that would transform it and make it much more marketable
Oct 17, 2019, 07:12 PM
Will likely only fly this little plane a few times, so I won't be changing anything.

If I wanted to go to the effort of changing the RX, I would do it right, by going with a Spektrum UMX AS3X brick, possible one from a UMX Radian.

Already did that on the little Rage RC Staggerwing Beech & that worked out great.
Feb 17, 2020, 06:01 PM
Is it the beginning of the end? The DVII is on sale 59.99! Had to buy another at that price even if it stays a shelf queen.
Feb 18, 2020, 07:54 AM
Michael S.
I already have the older Aeres version but this is too good tp pass up. With my discount from Horizon this one comes in at $50!!!

Michael
Mar 04, 2020, 01:19 PM

Decent deal!

Still in stock at $59.99 with $2.99 Shipping

https://www.horizonhobby.com/fokker-...p-rtf-flzu1000
Mar 06, 2020, 07:53 PM

1st impressions.

1st impressions.

1) The geared motor runs smoother than I thought it would. Much less grinding than the Rage Spirit of St. Louis
2) Found some bubbling of the skin on the underside of the top wing (lozenge camo). Needed to popped with a pin.
3) Supplied 1S 80m/ah Battery is the smallest 1S Iíve ever seen!

Quick Reply