Jun 22, 2019, 05:06 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

FlyZone Micro D-VII

https://www.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?I=LXJGXD&P=ML
to remove ads between posts
Jun 22, 2019, 06:10 PM
Parkstormer!
I pre-ordered; Iíve been hoping for a new 1S WWI plane for the cul-de-sac and Iíve always loved Udetís candycane scheme, so I couldnít resist. Iíd rather that it be an E-Flite, but fingers crossed.
Jun 23, 2019, 07:56 PM
-=BS=-
Have a couple coming here as well.
Race ya to the first crash ;-)
Jun 24, 2019, 06:11 AM
Way to much free time!
Cool discovery!
Jun 24, 2019, 08:57 AM
It's a lovely scheme.
Last edited by DaveG; Jun 24, 2019 at 09:07 AM.
Jun 24, 2019, 02:38 PM
Parkstormer!
I was surprised to get a shipping notice from Horizon today, long before I expected one. I don't know the ETA, yet, but I may have a report sooner than I thought!
Jun 24, 2019, 03:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GradyLee
I was surprised to get a shipping notice from Horizon today, long before I expected one. I don't know the ETA, yet, but I may have a report sooner than I thought!
Horizon is usually very fast. I ordered another plane from them Wednesday last week and had it on my doorstep early Friday afternoon.

Good luck on your maiden.
Jun 24, 2019, 08:28 PM
I was really hoping when HH bought out Flyzone they would start putting a tiny Spektrum Rx into the new UM planes and release them as BNF's. I love the look of this plane, but wonder how much better this new one will be in quality compared to the older Flyzone WWI planes of years back...which weren't too bad, but were fairly fragile, had loud motors that broke easily on impact, and were somewhat erratic to fly with the RTF Tx.
Jun 25, 2019, 06:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyboy
I was really hoping when HH bought out Flyzone they would start putting a tiny Spektrum Rx into the new UM planes and release them as BNF's. I love the look of this plane, but wonder how much better this new one will be in quality compared to the older Flyzone WWI planes of years back...which weren't too bad, but were fairly fragile, had loud motors that broke easily on impact, and were somewhat erratic to fly with the RTF Tx.
I hear your. It is indeed a looker but I have similar concerns. I'll be very interested to see the first flight reports.
Jun 25, 2019, 07:29 AM
I just received an email from Horizon with an announcement for the new Fokker. It is a pretty looking thing.

Name: FLZU1000_emaillead.jpeg
Views: 10
Size: 195.4 KB
Description:
Jun 25, 2019, 01:03 PM
No reviews be darned, just ordered one through the LHS. It's about time a new 1s UMX was released!
Jun 25, 2019, 05:17 PM
I still fly my Flyzone Albatros, great little plane for indoor or outside in VERY light winds. I can do touch and goes with it all day. Very stable on approach and landing.

I see this one is only $80, RTF! I'm not a big fan of the D-VII, but for others this could be real interesting.
Jun 25, 2019, 07:44 PM
Lifetime Member
I am a fan of the DVII and this one looks great but I am disappointed that it is not Spektrum compatible.
Jun 25, 2019, 10:58 PM
Had to have it at that price. Very scale looking much like the ares Dvii. If you dont want to spend $99 to get free shipping just stop over to ebay. I picked it up there from horizon for 79.99 with free shipping.
Jun 26, 2019, 07:38 AM
Lifetime Member
Thanks for the tip, I just placed my order. For $80, I just can't pass this up.

Quick Reply