This thread is privately moderated by bill_delong, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jun 22, 2019, 09:20 AM
Did I make the A Main?
Thread OP
Discussion

MaxAmps

TheJANG from UltimateRC did a battery review many years ago using a discharge graph comparing 30A discharge cycles between MaxAmps brand and a couple budget brand packs that were available at the time. TheJANG found that performance was nearly identical between the packs and could not recommend MaxAmps with the opinion that they were over stating their C ratings and the price they were charging were not justified. MaxAmps would retaliate and forced YouTube to remove any video that TheJANG had published with MaxAmps in his content over "Copyright Protection". TheJANG had to cross out MaxAmps in any reference to his review on his website. He even banned the word MaxAmps from being used on the URC forums... folks would quickly adopt the name MaxCramps which was very accurate.

*** UPDATE ***
TheJANG would ultimately shut down URC completely, though his YouTube page still remains, he is not publishing any new videos. At one point TheJANG mentioned that he would not make any more videos if he would not be allowed to voice his honest opinion and MaxAmps was the main reason why he was shutting down URC due to the legal nightmare they strung over him *** not a direct quote, I'm paraphrasing.

Check out my other threads here:
Bill's Bookmarks
Last edited by bill_delong; Jan 01, 2023 at 07:14 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 12, 2023, 01:53 PM
Did I make the A Main?
Thread OP
Here's another resource showing why Max Cramps has earned their name!

https://www.rctalk.com/forum/threads...9/post-1368906

Quick Reply