This thread is privately moderated by KristofferR, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jun 21, 2019, 01:53 AM
Thread OP
Build Log

Fox glider - visibility improved

During the last slope visit with the Fox I had some serious problems seeing the planes attitude. In the sun there was no problem but again a grey overcast sky it was tricky.

The paint job is very striking but not optimal for visibility. In particular the small chess square pattern on the wings underside looks great up close but from a distance it becomes just a slight red/pink colour. The wingtips are orange and red on the upper side and they look the same when the distance increases.

Almost any pattern thatís not extremely clear becomes a camouflage when the distance increases and I decided to simplify the graphics.

The chess pattern stickers was removed from the bottom and I added two large black stripes. On the top I took away the black letters and increased the orange area on the wingtips and elevator.

Finally I glued some medium grit sandpaper to the fuselage sides to help with the launching. Itís really difficult to hold the big fuselage in one hand on the slope!

Also, some improvised servo covers and some tidying up of the canopy.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply