This thread is privately moderated by VicT, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jun 20, 2019, 03:10 PM
Thread OP
Mini-HowTo

E Flite T-28 with V900 receiver

Having the V900 receiver installed in my AT6 Texan with flaps and retracts I figured it would work as well in the T-28. Today confirmed my hopes. I had to move the elevator servo arm 180 degrees and move the servo to the side to relieve push rod stress and I added a servo reverser to the aileron Y channel. However I did not have to reprogram the receiver using the Windows software and program cable. The receiver was purchased as an open stock and Horizon at my request put in the V900 settings before shipping it to me. The old receiver can be used for other purposes.

First step was to pry the stock 636 RX out of the foam fuselage and to remove the white rubber glue using forceps. Then servo plugs were removed and placed in the new V900 RX one at a time. Most of the plugs had ID tags on them. If yours does not have tags I recommend using painters tape (I like yellow) and then mark them with a black Sharpie marker. I added a short aileron extension to the bind port as itís easier to insert and remove a bind plug that way. I used 3M Dual Lock to secure the RX to the white foam RX area. Inserting a small tool (piece of credit card) can easily pry the Dual Lock apart in case the RX has to be taken out for another plane.

I had previously bound the RX to a new ACRO model and got the B switch to turn Self Level on and off. I then rebound the receiver to the old T-28 Non Safe settings and the B switch worked to turn Self Level on and off. After binding the elevator was reversed as well as the aileron. Rudder worked. I could have reversed the RX 180 degrees and possibly have only one flight control to reverse but I proceeded with the old fashion way of rotating the elevator servo arm 180 degrees. At this time I also swapped out the white nylon clevis with the weak pin for Dubroís new black nylon clevis with the larger pin. I had to drill out the elevator horn to match the .063 inch O.D.
To be continued
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply