Jun 21, 2019, 12:25 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by birdofplay
IS the Prop on BACKWARDS ?

very low efficiency from backward facing props.

A Pic would help in our quest for a solution here.
I'm pretty sure the prop is on the right way, it does pull forward slightly and I've measured the thrust with scales.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 21, 2019, 12:27 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanM
Here is a quick test to verify the low trust, when you hold the wing nose up and run the throttle up to a point where it is weightless, that is the 1:1 thrust ratio (hopefully about 3/4 throttle). If you get to full throttle before it is weightless, that will confirm the low thrust value.

Also, please confirm that the prop is 6 inches from tip to tip. I agree a picture or two at this point would help.
I've just posted some pictures, I also put the wing nose down on some scales, zerod them and then put it to full thrust. That's where I got the 200 grams figure. That method should be somewhat accurate.
Jun 21, 2019, 12:43 PM
Prop is backwards.
Jun 21, 2019, 12:57 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Prop is backwards.

I think you are right, I thought the writing was meant to face away from the motor?
Jun 21, 2019, 02:31 PM
Markings go in the direction of flight. A common mistake that I have made myself on multiple occasions. How is the thrust now?
Jun 21, 2019, 02:54 PM
Retired CAD guy
Obviously WRONG prop direction, sorry !
13K posts vs 9 wins every time ! ;>}

You will be amazed at the difference !
Last edited by birdofplay; Jun 21, 2019 at 03:07 PM.
Jun 21, 2019, 04:49 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by birdofplay
Obviously WRONG prop direction, sorry !
13K posts vs 9 wins every time ! ;>}

You will be amazed at the difference !
The only reason I didn't check is because I thought it would reverse the thrust for some reason. Newb error.
Jun 21, 2019, 04:53 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Markings go in the direction of flight. A common mistake that I have made myself on multiple occasions. How is the thrust now?
It's almost too powerful. Thanks for your help anyhow.
Apr 17, 2021, 06:19 AM

AR Wing 900 - correct CG??

Hi all,

I also have an AR Wing 900 and am currently balancing the CG. Must say that this is very tricky: move a millimeter inside the CG mark and the plane tilts immediately - with the good old finger method I do not get along here! How did you manage it? Slightly nose-heavy or rather tail-heavy?
Apr 17, 2021, 10:38 AM
I weighted mine so it is slightly nose heavy. I do this for all my wings.

Quick Reply