This thread is privately moderated by nigelsheffield, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jun 20, 2019, 06:53 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

Important mods and review of Sailfly X from happymodel

First and most importantly , lift up your stack!
Seriously the FC sits too low and is going to break a component off by hitting the frame from either vibrations or in a crash rendering the FC dead ...
The fix is simply to turn the rubber grommets upside down so that the longer part of the grommet is between the frame and FC.

Next if you intend using the 3s lipo I strongly suggest limiting your throttle to 70%,
More than that and people have reported that FC burns out, to be honest there is so much vibration from the props at high throttle on 3s that it is unusable anyway.

I did both of the above before flying and not had a problem, I prefer 2s anyway because I have lots of those 300mah turnigy nano techs 45c already and a 4 port charger for them. On 2s 300mah it is manifested fast enough as you can see from the video bellow.

Happymodel sailfly X on 2s 300mah freestyle park (5 min 19 sec)

I'll write the review here but also I've done a video bench review here.
Sailfly X important tips before flying and review. (10 min 10 sec)

I have built and flown lots of various tyoes of quads over the years and this is the best of the bunch of off the shelf cheap options, plenty of power and decent handling out of the box and very cheap, defo worth buying...it is FAST.
I crashed into a tree and also flew into the ground at speed and never broke anything , not even a prop!
Other people have reported the frame breaking at the motor screw holes and also reports of prop shafts breaking off but I don't know how hard their crashes were.
To me it seems pretty strong considering it not a whoop.
Camera is ok but not the best , it defo struggled at times with overcast skies and ground appearing a bit dark in places but over all good enough.
Flight times are GREAT , 6 minutes with room to spare, I landed and voltage was resting at 3.75v per cell on 2s 300mah!
Comparing it to my famous bamboo skewers build it is just as fast and handles ALMOST as well lol, difference is it can take a hit better than bamboo skewers...
I defo enjoy flying it and it will be coming out regularly with me to the park,
This is not for indoors or my garden though lol!!

Good points
Fast
Durable
Long flight times
Cheap

Bad points
Camera could be better
Props vibrate high throttle
FC need raising up.
Reports of brocken shafts and frame at motor holes.( Mine were ok so far )

Conclusion
Good points outweigh the bad points and this is defo one to buy.

Affiliate link no extra cost to you but helps me fund my reviews. Once you click through this link anything you buy on that visit will earn me a small % so even if you don't buy this sailfly X you will still be helping me out.
https://bit.ly/2Z5yeFa

Any questions ask away..

Picture of the component likely to break off before stack is raised
Sailfly X important tips before flying and review. (10 min 10 sec)
Last edited by nigelsheffield; Jun 20, 2019 at 07:23 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 02, 2019, 09:11 AM
Thread OP
Check the sale and discount codes on the summer sale to save bit of cash.
https://www.banggood.com/promotion-b...tml?utmid=8617
Jul 11, 2019, 02:07 PM
Thread OP
Version 2 frame available looks stronger around motor screws and addresses the issues around the coil

https://bit.ly/2G9h6Y5

Cheap as chips too.

Quick Reply