50 foot high flight! (inside) - RC Groups
Feb 10, 2005, 07:48 PM

50 foot high flight! (inside)

I took my BR to work and flw it in our highbay. I got it all the way to the celing which is about 50 feet! I decended too fast once and lost controll but I was lucky and caught it befor it hit the ground. Alot of people were impressed and wanted one.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 11, 2005, 12:41 PM
Live to ride... and fly!
Cool! I've had mine up to about 30', haven't flown it in a space higher than that.
Feb 11, 2005, 03:19 PM
Skip
High BR flying is quite a daunting experience at first!! but stay with it, and don't do anything too fast!! The wider spaced rotor mod is essential to prevent "the dance of death" rotor clash syndrome ---- Every control movement has to be very smooth: so please don't do as I did, and try fancy fuselage spins and sudden drop manoeuvres!!! It's just not designed for that stuff, and you will pay the price!!

Peter
Feb 11, 2005, 09:15 PM
Thanks for the advise. I was kind of freaking that it was up that high. I took it up to the ceiling about 4 times and hovered for about a minute. on the last flight I think I got too close to a ac vent and the draft caused the crash. It's a wide open room so if things go wrong I can catch it. It's just wild to see it fly that high and well too. Peter your right about small movements, I've learned without paying the price.

Quick Reply