Discussion

Tarot 550/600 Manual Downloads

The manuals for the new Tarot 550/600 can be downloaded here;

http://www.tarotrc.com/tool/zhishengji/550-shuoming.pdf

http://www.tarotrc.com/tool/zhishengji/600-shuoming.pdf
to remove ads between posts
Jun 19, 2019, 10:36 PM
rc user
nice to see they are putting dimensions on most of the bearings and hardware.
some brands don't do that and it always irritates me.

and wow that's the longest pinion I've ever seen.

and they run the thrust bearings outboard.. works fine I'm sure but some of Tarot's upgrades for other brands went thrust bearings inboard for more stability.
Jun 20, 2019, 01:26 AM
Thread OP
Quite a nicely produced manual - certainly better than their others, although I have always liked the way that they itemize and dimension the components in each assembly step.
Jun 24, 2019, 12:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdooley
nice to see they are putting dimensions on most of the bearings and hardware.
some brands don't do that and it always irritates me.

and wow that's the longest pinion I've ever seen.

and they run the thrust bearings outboard.. works fine I'm sure but some of Tarot's upgrades for other brands went thrust bearings inboard for more stability.
The plastic tail grips looks exactly like Mikado's so that could be why. Maybe Mikado outsourced the injection moulding on those and they got them from the same source. This is why you often see identical plastic parts on helicopters from different manufacturers. Often it's the injection moulding company that owns the mould not the client and either they agreed that when they no longer need the mold they get to keep it or that if they don't meet a certain order volume they can use it for other clients or whatever. Very few companies do injection moulding in-house due to all of the equipment and expertise required. It's just more economical to have that done by a company that specializes in it (I am told that Hyundai in South Korea does a lot of injection moulding for the RC market)
Jun 24, 2019, 12:23 PM
rc user
thanks AS, that makes a lot of sense seeing how the moulds are so expensive.

that's also good news for the RC market, with more cross compatibility.
Jul 02, 2019, 04:48 PM
Turns out I'm wrong, they are not the same. Similar sure but not a copy. At one point Tarot seemed to be planning a line of Logo 550/600 upgrade parts and some of those were probably recycled into this design which could explain the similarities in the tail and in the maingear and auto rotation pulley.

Tarot 550/600 tail:

Logo 600 tail:

The Tarot tail rotor shaft is also 6mm instead of 5mm.
Last edited by Atomic Skull; Jul 02, 2019 at 04:55 PM.
Jul 08, 2019, 12:25 PM
Who is selling Tarot helicopters? Are parts easy to get? My Swifts have become antiques.
Jul 08, 2019, 04:09 PM
Grumpy old git.. Who me?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greybird
Who is selling Tarot helicopters? Are parts easy to get? My Swifts have become antiques.
Release is a week or two away. Initially they will be sold direct from Tarotís web site but they are working on local distributors
Jul 08, 2019, 05:34 PM
rc user
curious to see if Banggood picks them up.
Jul 09, 2019, 03:42 PM
Grumpy old git.. Who me?
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdooley
curious to see if Banggood picks them up.
Thatís very possible, Banggood already stock a lot of Tarot stuff. Iíve got no inside info on it though

Quick Reply