Jun 17, 2019, 03:31 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Plans for the Challenge by Tony Fracowiak

Just wondering if anyone has a set of plans for the Tony Frackowiak Challenge 2 (or4) model.

I seem to recall that they may have been published in Flying Models Magazine but a search is not turning anything up.

thanks,

Dale
to remove ads between posts
Jun 17, 2019, 04:16 PM
Why not just ask Tony?

Andy
Jun 17, 2019, 04:38 PM
Yes, his early version (I or II) was published. I have the plans somewhere and built one years ago. I also have the glass and foam kit of the Challenge IV. There may be full size plans with it which would give an outline, but would need some work to build a wood version. His custom wood fuselage/foam wing version were really nice. A friend of mine had one and loved it (more than 1,000 flights on it before he moved to a larger 1.20 4-stroke model).
Jun 17, 2019, 06:56 PM
Thread OP
Thanks guys,

I did reach out to Tony and also searched the usual places for the plans to no avail.
Hopefully someone out there may have a copy, the search continues.

kind regards,

/ Dale
Jun 17, 2019, 09:35 PM
Flying Models did publish the Challenge II... I understand they are back in business and selling plans (the plan outfit, not the mag). This might be your only source unless someone has it, cause unfortunately it hasn't been downloaded to any of the free plans outfits. Its gonna cost ya. $43 it says; 2 sheets. See here (use the search engine).... https://store.flying-models.com

If you decide to buy it, I would send an e-mail first to verify if they are operating, although a look at the site seems to indicate they are.
Last edited by RC YEAGER; Jun 17, 2019 at 10:30 PM. Reason: Typo
Jun 18, 2019, 12:06 AM
Thread OP
I also found that the plans are available through the AMA site,
so there may be two sources for the plans !
Jun 18, 2019, 08:00 AM
Just saw it... and at $30 a much better buy! The AMA usually sells you a second plan for half price.. to cut and mutilate as you wish.
Jun 18, 2019, 08:35 AM
What?!?!

AMA is selling FM's plans at a discount, while FM is still trying to sell the plans?

Is this the same AMA plans that had a hissy fit about Model Builder plans being available in the public domain, but then forcing modelers to buy from them instead?

There's a word for that kind of behavior.

Andy
Jun 18, 2019, 04:03 PM
Weird... yesterday the Challenge II plan at the FM site said $43, today it says $35. No sale going on. Just a reduction to that plan. Very weird.
Last edited by RC YEAGER; Jun 18, 2019 at 04:04 PM. Reason: Typos
Jun 19, 2019, 08:13 AM
My fault.

I pointed this thread to Thayer, and he contacted AMA and asked them not to sell the plans that he still had copyrights to (some he does, some are expired). He also went about adjusting prices because a lot of these were "boilerplate" pricing from when we initially loaded the database. This gave him a reason to look more closely at the overlapping plans and adjust prices accordingly.

Thayer's a great guy. I really feel blessed to call him a friend.

Andy
Jun 19, 2019, 10:50 AM
Okay... now it makes sense

Quick Reply