Oct 26, 2020, 01:51 PM
So the noble and gt5 can be setup like the 4pls in the video? I want my 4ws on my mini monster truck on the thumb switch so when I press the switch it engages the rear wheels then when I press the switch again it turns off the 4ws or to a momentary button where when pressed and held it engages the rear wheels but when released disengages and returns to just normal front wheel only steering. I really don't want to spend $250 just for a TX for a custom mini build
to remove ads between posts
Oct 26, 2020, 05:18 PM
Low budget fun
Noble can.
Skip to 10:28 to see the crawler mixing in action.
[Review] FlySky Noble NB4 Transmitter (14 min 26 sec)

It has an official micro receiver too (and also 3rd party ones) in case you want to use it with something like Orlandoo or any other 1/28 cars.
[Review] FlySky GMR Micro Receiver for Noble NB4 | 1/28 Car Receiver (8 min 8 sec)

ps. I kind of feel bad posting my Flysky review in a Radiolink thread though. But Radiolink can't do what you are looking for.
Oct 26, 2020, 11:37 PM
Can the gt5 do what I need it to do as well. Also on the noble I seen you cycled through all the different crawling modes with a button but can I set it up so the button on turns on rev rear wheel steering?
Oct 27, 2020, 01:01 AM
Also canna hacked gt3c do the same thing as well?
Oct 27, 2020, 02:03 AM
Low budget fun
You can set a button to switch to a specific mode directly.

Unfortunately Hacked GT3C can't switch between modes. It's the same style as Radiolink where you go into the menu and mix it.
Oct 27, 2020, 03:03 AM
So what does steering mix rear and steering mix rev do? Because I want it to steer like a monster stuck at the push of a button then return to normal (front steering only) when you press the button again

so steering like this
/ /
\ \

Would that be steering rear or steering rev?
Oct 27, 2020, 03:18 AM
Low budget fun
That's the steering rev, front and rear going the different directions.
And yes, you can do the press to go into rev mode then press it again to go back to the front steer only. That's why there are many modes in the menu so you can map them to different buttons.
Oct 27, 2020, 10:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaver_XT
That's the steering rev, front and rear going the different directions.
And yes, you can do the press to go into rev mode then press it again to go back to the front steer only. That's why there are many modes in the menu so you can map them to different buttons.
So the gt5 can't do this right? What about a hacked gt3c? I really like the noble it looks like a good quality radio but idk if u want to spend $180 on a transmitter or switch all my cars over to the noble if I get one because then I will loose my traxxas link. But I really don't use it much at all anyways. But if the hacked gt3c can do it too which radio would you recommend. The futaba 4pls, flysky nb4 noble of the hacked gt3c, ot any other transmitter cable of what i want to do with it
Oct 28, 2020, 06:40 AM
Low budget fun
I do have a modded GT3C and it can't do any of what you are after.

I've never tried the GT5 before. I'd suggest you download the manual and see what it can do regarding the crawler mixing.

Personally I still recommend NB4. It's really worth the price and I got it as an upgrade to my Futaba 3PKS and never look back. NB4 also has bunch of sensors so if you want telemetry, it can also do that. However switching the entire fleet to NB4 will cost a fortune that's why I said go and look for the GT5 first.
There's also Flysky iT4S that has a similar software to NB4 and it's around $129 but mine is broken so I can't test it for you.
Oct 28, 2020, 05:08 PM
Damn that puts me in a tight spot because I basically want a radio that can do all of what I want and still not cost alot to switch my cars over. Or a cheap transmitter under $100 that does what I want it to do and keep my current transmitters for my other cars. I really don't want to spend $180-250 on a transmitter just for a 1/24 scale monster truck
Oct 28, 2020, 06:27 PM
Low budget fun
Here's the GT5 manual.
https://static1.squarespace.com/stat...l+20180919.pdf

I think there are some in-depth reviews for GT5 with crawler on youtube.

I'm sorry I'm not a crawler guy so this is as much as I can help.
Oct 31, 2020, 05:30 PM
What about the spektrum dx5c, so if you had to choose out of the flysky nb4 noble,futaba 4pls, or spektrum dx5c for a custom build and possibly transferring your fleet or majority of cars over to a single tx. Which would you choose and why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaver_XT
I do have a modded GT3C and it can't do any of what you are after.

I've never tried the GT5 before. I'd suggest you download the manual and see what it can do regarding the crawler mixing.

Personally I still recommend NB4. It's really worth the price and I got it as an upgrade to my Futaba 3PKS and never look back. NB4 also has bunch of sensors so if you want telemetry, it can also do that. However switching the entire fleet to NB4 will cost a fortune that's why I said go and look for the GT5 first.
There's also Flysky iT4S that has a similar software to NB4 and it's around $129 but mine is broken so I can't test it for you.
Nov 01, 2020, 04:41 AM
Low budget fun
Personally, I haven't got that good of an experience with Spektrum myself but since the US got local support so that might be better. Signal can be dodgy and the build quality is pretty low for the price.

So if I'd choose between those 3 I'd pick the Futaba 4PLS as my first choice just because I like Futaba (a bit of a fanboy here, not gonna lie).
In case of price/performance my first choice would be the NB4. I've been using it for a year now and haven't got a single glitch.
Receivers are the same price for me because I mostly play 1/28 micro cars and both got micro receivers at the same price around 25 to 30 USD.
Nov 01, 2020, 09:57 PM
Does the nb4 have avc or any kind of vehicle control/ stability management or do you have to buy extra equipment to add to it for stability management
Nov 02, 2020, 07:27 PM
Low budget fun
You'll need extra unit for that. Right now you can use any gyro but if you want full AVC with the throttle as well they are working on their own gyro unit for GMR receiver and that should have full AVC.

ps. I drift so I only use external gyro anyway and never look into full AVC.

Quick Reply