This thread is privately moderated by rclad, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jun 16, 2019, 01:43 PM
"I will return" Federico
Thread OP
Discussion

2019 Intermediate Sequence Practice - Cockpit View

Air Masters RC Airfield
North Bend, OH
Friday, June 14, 2019

It was a windy day - 30 degree crosswind at 15 mph - but I wanted to try out a second camera on my EF 95" Extra 330SC-E. This one was taped to the top of the canopy facing the tail.

This was the fourth flight of the day, the third with cameras. It wasn't my best sequence work - the negative snaps exiting the P Loop were both off - but it was the only flight that I remembered to clean the splattered bugs off the canopy before takeoff!

These videos help me spot all of my errors that I miss from the ground.

IMAC 2019 Intermediate Practice - June 14 (10 min 7 sec)
Last edited by rclad; Jun 20, 2019 at 01:15 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 17, 2019, 11:31 AM
Very nice. I've been thinking of doing the same and also adding a hat-cam video as well.
Jun 17, 2019, 02:22 PM
"I will return" Federico
Thread OP
Thanks. Yes! The hat-cam video is what's missing here. But you would need one that has a zoom feature, otherwise the plane would be just a dot in the frame. I've done it with my cellphone camera mounted on a bicycle helmet, but it's very heavy and tricky to adjust so that the plane is always in the frame.

Quick Reply