This thread is privately moderated by Mad_angler1, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jun 16, 2019, 01:16 PM
Bog Flusher Platinum Grade
Thread OP
New Product

THE DJI ROBOMASTER S1 - Mad's Owners, Build and Support Thread

I have decided to start a thread on the new The DJI ROBOMASTER S1 Educational Robot.

This will be a place where users and owners can post, share info and tips on using this new product from DJI, I will be getting one as soon as I possible can and will be keeping this thread updated with any help, support and relevant information that I can as time goes on.

As this is located on my blog I will be posting any videos I make on it from my channel and moderating this thread my self. The S1 is an educational robot, I welcome everyone to post their own user experiences, build logs, issues, problemss in this thread as you would in any other thread, however any Anti DJI post ,Politics and anything I feel is not in keeping with this being a educational tool and helpful to people will be removed.

I also ask everyone to post in a helpful, supportive and family friendly manner as this product is aimed at young people as well as adults, let’s all help each other, learn from each other and work together to get the most from the ROBOMASTER S1

If you would like to support me or my channel you can order the DJI ROBOMASTER S1 from the below affiliate link.
https://click.dji.com/AC_VLHP_x5VhHi...m=link&as=0042

Introducing the ROBOMASTER S1

DJI’s first ground robot based on the ROBOMASTERS Robotics competition DJI Sponsor in China.

DJI - Meet the RoboMaster S1 (3 min 14 sec)

ROBOMASTER S1 - LEARN TO WIN

The RoboMaster S1 is a game-changing educational robot built to unlock the potential in every person willing to learn. Inspired by DJI RoboMaster, the world’s leading robotics competition, the S1 provides users with an in-depth understanding of science, math, physics, programming, and more through captivating gameplay modes and intelligent features.

46 Programmable Components
Low-latency HD FPV
4WD Omnidirectional Movement
Intelligent Sensing Armor
6 Programmable AI Modules
Scratch & Python Coding
Multiple Exciting Battle Modes
Innovative Hands-On Learning

MECHANICAL AESTHETICS

The S1‘s minimal yet robust design is a striking example of machine efficiency. With powerful configurations, the S1 lets you create, conquer, and push your limits as far as you’re ready to go.

BUILD IT

A modular design lets you build your S1 from the ground up, furthering the fun and providing hand-on experience with every screw and wire.
Intelligent Controller.

Powerful CPU

the Intelligent Controller can simultaneously support functions such as low-latency high-definition image transmission, AI computing, and programming development. It also coordinates transmission seamlessly to execute command signals.

Mecanum Wheels

The S1 comes with four Mecanum wheels, each with 12 rollers that allow omnidirectional movement and precision control. Front axes suspension allows for added versatility during operation.

2-Axis Mechanical Gimbal

The gimbal’s yaw/pitch rotation range is 540 x 65, offering an expansive field of view for the FPV camera. The built-in direct drive brushless motor works together with the IMU and advanced algorithms to allow gimbal movements with a vibration control accuracy within 0.02, delivering smooth image transmission and a precision control experience.

Blaster

The S1 Blaster uses LED lights to outline launch trajectories for its gel beads and infrared beams. Vivid sound effects and recoil action add to the experience for an immersive battle simulation. For added safety, the Blaster uses non-toxic gel bead projectiles and even features limitations on launching rate and angle.

Intelligent Sensing Armor

Six intelligent armor panels cover the S1 to detect gel bead or infrared beam strikes. The referee system can analyze and communicate hit data, incorporating it into gameplay in real-time.

High Performance Motor

The S1 comes with a customized M3508I motor that features an integrated FOC ESC with an output torque of up to 250 mN•m. Linear Hall-effect sensors with advanced algorithms allow closed-loop control for added precision. Additional safety mechanisms deliver outstanding stability.

LEARN BY DOING

The RoboMaster S1 bridges the digital world with the real one, bringing abstract theories to life through practical operations. The S1 supports Scratch and Python languages, through which users can apply math and physics concepts to the real world and experience AI technology. This unique combination can enhance problem-solving abilities and provide a spark of inspiration to learn more.

Scratch & Python Programming

Scratch 3.0 - Classic visual programming language used in primary and secondary schools worldwide.

Python - Widely used in the field of artificial intelligence.

Endless Possibilities

Up to 46 customizable components gives you unlimited space for innovation, helping you grow and learn in an exciting way that expands the capabilities of your S1, and yourself. Six PWM ports support customized accessories, allowing you to explore the unlimited possibilities of the S1 and the magic of the robotic world.

EXPERIENCE AI TECHNOLOGY

AI technology lets the RoboMaster S1 recognize gestures, sounds, and even other S1 robots. Playing with the RoboMaster S1 opens the doorway to AI learning, giving you a practical introduction of technologies of tomorrow.

Line Recognition

The RoboMaster S1 can be programmed to automatically follow a line on the ground. The more math and physics knowledge that is applied, the more adeptly the S1 will be able to complete this task.

Vision Marker Recognition

Recognize up to 44 Vision Markers which feature numbers, letters, and special characters that expand the possibilities for coding, combat.
People Recognition. Thanks to advanced computer vision technology, the S1 is able to identify and track any individual you select in the S1’s FOV.

Clapping Recognition

The S1 is equipped with a built-in clap recognition module, which can be programmed for unique responses.

Gestures Recognition

The S1 can recognize various physical gestures and can be programmed for self-defined responses.

S1 Robot Recognition

The S1 can recognize other S1 units, an ability that can expand your gameplay and entertainment possibilities.

Getting Started with Automatic Driving

By utilizing Vision Markers to create "traffic lights" and other obstacles, users can write their own programs that allow the S1 to drive automatically and execute complex tasks. Explore mathematical principles involving robotic control and motion mechanics through the S1's six programmable artificial intelligence modules. Get an in-depth understanding of AI as you develop these skills and many more.

ENTERTAINMENT

A Game of Intelligence

Build your own competition arena anywhere, anytime using a variety of S1 Vision Markers and let the games begin. An immersive FPV shooting experience with sound and lighting effects adds a realistic and exciting edge to gameplay. Enjoy flexible, omnidirectional movement as you blow past competitors or unleash custom skills that give you the upper hand. Record and share all the action with the touch of a button.

First Person View (FPV) Experience

First Person View (FPV) delivers an immersive driving experience, giving you an exhilarating new perspective.

Race

Compete against opponents on your own custom track. Unlock exhilarating special skills like extreme speed by recognizing specific Vision Markers, or unleash weapons like dizziness against competitors to gain an edge and win the race.

Free-For-All

There can only be one winner in this competition of wits and speed. Use Custom Skills to get an edge and defeat opponents in this thrilling melee that utilizes the S1's unique referee system and Intelligent Sensing Armor.

Develop Custom Skills

In any competition, wisdom is equally as important as power. The RoboMaster S1 enables users to apply their classroom knowledge to compile custom coding, unlocking unique functions that will surprise onlookers and defeat competitors. With its new education concept, the S1 helps users embrace the joy of learning in new and exciting ways.

ROBOMASTER APP

With the dedicated RoboMaster app, multi-platform interactions and various operation methods for the S1 are supported, along with rich educational resources and several competition modes.

Multi-Platform Use

Functions and gameplay modes are currently available on iOS, Android, and Windows. The RoboMaster app even allows users with different systems to play together at the same time.

Various Operation Methods

The S1 can be operated using a computer or a smart device via the touchscreen, gyro, and gamepad.

Flexible Programming & Sharing

Write programs easily and apply them or share with friends in an instant all using the RoboMaster app.

ROBOMASTER ROBOTICS COMPETITION

The RoboMaster S1 was inspired by the world’s outstanding international robotics competition: DJI RoboMaster. Since being founded in 2015, over 20,000 students from more than 400 schools have participated in this thrilling competition that tests wit, engineering, and problem-solving skills. Each summer, the RoboMaster competition has become a showcase of top international engineering talent from around the world.

The ROBOMASTER S1 is currently only available in the parts of USA and China.
Priced at $499 for the main kit you can order it from the DJI Store on the below affiliate links you would like to support me and my channel.
https://click.dji.com/AC_VLHP_x5VhHi...m=link&as=0042

Last edited by Mad_angler1; Jun 16, 2019 at 01:27 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 16, 2019, 01:17 PM
Thread OP

DJI ROBOMASTER S1 Reviews

DJI ROBOMASTER S1 Reviews

iPhonedo

FPV Robot — DJI Robomaster S1 (11 min 8 sec)

Adam Savage's Tested

DJI RoboMaster S1 Robot Hands-On and Build! (10 min 40 sec)

The Verge

RoboMasters 2016: inside DJI's robot deathmatch (8 min 10 sec)

DJI ROBOMASTERS COMPETITION

The Verge - RoboMasters 2016: inside DJI's robot deathmatch

RoboMasters 2016: inside DJI's robot deathmatch (8 min 10 sec)

Bloomberg - China's High-Stakes Robot Wars

China's High-Stakes Robot Wars (10 min 19 sec)
Last edited by Mad_angler1; Jun 16, 2019 at 01:25 PM.
Thread OP

Dji robomaster app's and tutorials

DJI ROBOMASTER is compatible with IOS & Android as well as PC and Mac.

Below is the latest app versions and Links to manuals and software.

ROBOMASTER APP

iOS LATEST Version v1.0.0 - Requires iOS 10.0.2 or above.
Android Latest Version v1.0.0 - Requires Android 5.0 or Later

PC Application

RoboMaster For Windows V1.0.0

Manuals & Markers

RoboMaster S1 Quick Start Guide v1.0

RoboMaster S1 User Manual v1.0

RoboMaster S1 Vision Markers

Tutorials

DJI How To Build The S1

How to Assemble RoboMaster S1 (12 min 25 sec)

How to Connect RoboMaster S1 to the App

How to Connect RoboMaster S1 to the App (2 min 57 sec)

Last edited by Mad_angler1; Jun 16, 2019 at 02:21 PM.
Thread OP

Dji robomaster sketch & python programming

Here are some links and tutorial on programming the ROBOMASTER S1 many modules.

The ROBOMASTER S1 has 46 programmable modules and 6 programmable AI modules that support both Scratch and Python.
With Scratch 3.0 you can learn to control the S1 with a simple block based visual programming language that is both fun and educational.
With Python it allows you to take it to the next level and get deep into the S1s robotic capabilities.
Below are some links to introduce you to these programming capabilities and help you to get going with the S1.

DJI Programming Guide

https://www.dji.com/robomaster-s1/programming-guide

https://www.dji.com/robomaster-s1/video-courses

Scratch

https://scratch.mit.edu/

Python

https://www.python.org/

Here is a great video on learning Python

Learn Python - Full Course for Beginners [Tutorial] (4 hr 26 min 52 sec)
Last edited by Mad_angler1; Jun 16, 2019 at 02:18 PM.
Jun 16, 2019, 01:18 PM
Thread OP

Robomaster Developer Components

Further to the release of the S1 DJI have also released a number of components to allow users to build their own custom Rovers and robotics systems, these are separate to the S1 and are designed for customer applications.

The ROBOMASTER DEVELOPMENT BOARD TYPE A

The ROBOMASTER DEVELOPMENT BOARD TYPE B

The ROBOMASTER DEVELOPMENT BOARD OLED

The ROBOMASTER GM6020 MOTOR

The ROBOMASTER M3508 GEAR MOTOR

For more information on these or two order please see the below affiliate link

https://click.dji.com/AHHkr3ZtaUH18L...0001&pm=custom

Last edited by Mad_angler1; Jun 19, 2019 at 04:38 PM.
Jun 19, 2019, 04:06 PM
Thread OP
Reserved
Jul 07, 2019, 12:17 PM
Thread OP
New App and firmware releases for RoboMaster S1

Aug 22, 2019, 01:30 PM

Any technical info yet?

So with S1 being available for more than two months now, is there any technical information out there? In particular, I'm interesting in the following:

1. What hardware/software is used in S1 "intelligent controller"? Can someone take a hi-res pictures of its PCB and share it?
2. Any luck hooking up to serial UART port?
3. USB-C port? Any luck trying to connect to it and see how it comes up? A device is DFU mode? A storage device? A serial port over USB?

4. "Motion controller". Any hi-res pix of its PCB? Can it can be controlled? Via CANBus?

-albertr
Aug 22, 2019, 01:35 PM
@Mad_angler1, assuming you have access to S1 and downloaded the new firmware, can you shared/upload the firmware files somewhere I can take a look? I don't have S1 yet, so cannot download its firmware myself.

-albertr

Quick Reply