Count me in for two kits.
Bob
to remove ads between posts
Jul 19, 2019, 02:49 PM
Wayne Wimbish
Thread OP

The End is Near - Product is Finally Coming

Hi guys,

Our order is now Feet Dry in NY. USPS says I should have it delivered by end of day Monday.

Looks like we can start sending out orders by next Wednesday.

Prices for the 60g triweave product will be the same as the Carboweave kits were last year:

$25 for a 300x400mm kit.

Prices for the 40g bi-weave product will be less:

$20 for a 300x400mm kit.

I will post this in the 4sale forum next week. Time to get at the head of the line now.

Wayne
Latest blog entry: Paying for Purchases by PayPal
Jul 19, 2019, 08:53 PM
Bring me a 60g kit to nats, please
Jul 23, 2019, 10:10 AM
Wayne Wimbish
Thread OP

Vuhlet CF Kits are here!

Hi Guys,

Tracking from USPS says that my order is out for delivery today. That means we can start getting serious.

I have ordered two weights of fabric in two orientations. The 40g fabric is bi-layer, and the 60g fabric is tri-layer. The 60g fabric is identical to the Carboweave product we all know and love. I have made a few repairs with it and it handles very nicely. I like it and I know you will too.

I am going to post a running list here like Thomas did with his Deviant orders. Send me a PM and I will update this list with your order.

You will be able to check here for both order status and remaining stock. If this sells out fast and it looks like there will be more demand, I may end up ordering some more.

Here is the list of what's available.

PayPal is ok (preferred,) or MO, check, or cash. PM for PayPal info.

If using PayPal, please use the 'purchase of goods' option. I'll eat the fees.

This allows me to print postage directly out of PayPal. Any other option is a whole lot more work than the dollar it costs me.

(please specify weave or I will just send what is available to keep an even supply of stock - thx)

Thanks, Wayne

VH001 SC40 2/+45 40g bi-weave $20 shipped for 300x400mm kit

1) clifford11 - shipped
2) clifford11 - shipped
3) clifford11 -shipped
4) clifford11 - shipped
5) B75Driver - shipped
6) QuadFlopper - shipped
7) MattN - shipped
8) Soarhead00 -shipped
9) greenbill - shipped
10) bilge - shipped
11) nats
12) nats
13) nats
14)

VH002 SC40 2/-45 40g bi-weave $20 shipped for 300x400mm kit

1) clifford11 - shipped
2) clifford11 - shipped
3) clifford11 - shipped
4) clifford11 - shipped
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)
11)
12)
13)
14)

VH005 SC60 3/+45, 0 60g tri-weave $25 shipped for 300x400mm kit

1) QuadFlopper - shipped
2) Soarhead00 - shipped
3) MattN - shipped
4) Kirkerik
5) ibnjmn - shipped
6) clintc - (deliver to Nats)
7) bilge - shipped
8) nats
9) nats
10) nats
11) nats
12) nats
13) weber
14) barton

VH005 SC60 3/-45, 0 60g tr-weave $25 shipped for 300x400mm kit

1) hershberger
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)
11)
12)
13)
14)
Last edited by wdwimbish; Sep 13, 2019 at 09:01 PM. Reason: stock update
Jul 24, 2019, 09:38 AM
Wayne Wimbish
Thread OP
Hi Guys,

I have been asked what is the difference between the +45 and the -45 designations on the fabrics.

If you lay out the fabric so that the long direction is horizontal, the upper diagonal layer is thus:

+45 \

-45 /

Hope that helps,
Wayne
Last edited by wdwimbish; Jul 24, 2019 at 02:15 PM.
Jul 24, 2019, 02:17 PM
Wayne Wimbish
Thread OP
Should start cutting fabric tonight. Some orders will go out tomorrow.

Wayne
Jul 25, 2019, 08:27 AM
Wayne Wimbish
Thread OP
Hi Guys,

Answering PMs is taking a lot of time so why not just give you my PayPal here. I am
[email protected]

Please use the "Paying for Goods and Services" option. I will eat the fees.

This option allows me to print the postage directly out of PayPal. Otherwise it becomes a real hassle.

btw, I think I answered some PMs twice. Please don't freak out.

Stuff should start hitting the mail today.

Thanks,
Wayne
Jul 25, 2019, 01:10 PM
Wayne Wimbish
Thread OP
All the VH001 kits have been cut. Will move on to the VH005 kits this evening. All paid orders should be mailed out by tomorrow at the latest. The VH001 only kits should go out today.

Thanks,
Wayne
Jul 26, 2019, 06:59 PM
Wayne Wimbish
Thread OP
All current paid orders have been shipped.

Still have a lot of stock left.

Wayne
Jul 26, 2019, 07:57 PM

If you fly DLG's

This is an excellent time to get a repair kit. I can assure you that at some time "You will need it" and if you have it already you can 'git er done'. If you don't have it,,,sometimes it is a job to find it as it is not always available like this. Also great if you fly F5j.
Cary
Jul 27, 2019, 02:45 PM
Wayne Wimbish
Thread OP
Thanks Cary,

As Cary said, this is excellent material to keep on hand for the unfortunate and unexpected troubles. The lead time is long, and the investment is not trivial, so when this is gone it might be Christmas before I put in another order.

I will call out kudos to the Vuhlets team. Communication with them has been excellent and they have bent over backwards to help me out.

Thank you Vuhlets.

btw, I can cut other lengths besides the 300x400 kits if I have product available. For example, the orders for Cliff were continuous as he wanted them to lay up a new wing and let me know ahead of my order so I could plan around it.

At the moment the VH006 roll is completely untouched if someone wanted to layup a "Strong" wing.

Wayne
Jul 30, 2019, 03:08 PM

Got It

Thanks Wayne. Looks very good.
By the way,,,in your experience now, what are you finding is the best way to cut this material. Sure does a job on scissors.
Cary
Jul 30, 2019, 04:10 PM
Wayne Wimbish
Thread OP
Cary,
I'm using a Fiskers rotary cutter on a cutting mat with a straight edge. I left the paper on both sides like a sandwich. This stuff cuts just like butter. I bought a spare blade but after cutting four rolls of kits the first one is still fine.
Wayne
Jul 30, 2019, 09:19 PM
As I suspected. Thanks Wayne.
Cary
Aug 01, 2019, 09:31 AM
Wayne Wimbish
Thread OP

Carbon Fiber Repair Kits at the Nats - SAVE $5

Hi Guys,

I am bringing a bunch of Vuhlets Carbon Fiber Repair kits with me to the Nats. Here is your chance to save a nickle by saving me the postage and the PayPal fees.

I'll have two weights of cf spread tow fabric with me. The kits are 300x400mm. Here is more info:
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...5#post42422347

The 40g fabric is bi-layer, and the 60g fabric is tri-layer. The 60g fabric is identical to the Carboweave product we all know and love.
I have made a few repairs with it and it handles very nicely. I like it and I know you will too.

So if you come see me at the Nats with cash in hand you can pick up the 40g bi-layer kit for $15 and the 60g tri-layer kit for $20.

I'll be at F3K on Field 4 on Sat/Sun, F5J on Field 5 on Mon/Tues, and UNL on Field 5 on Wed/Thurs.

See you there,
Wayne

Quick Reply