Jul 08, 2019, 01:40 PM
Awsome 2.5D Pilot.
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by electric-2000
This one matches up the pair that I purchased from HK for the 73" Edge.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Carbon-Fibe...sAAOSwOkhb18vc
Thanks.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 08, 2019, 04:51 PM
Thanks electric....I think that's the one I ordered.
A is 155mm and the fuselage width is only around 100mm...….so, it kinda sticks out past the fuse.

Kinda disappointed and am looking for one with that A dimension being closer to 100mm.
Jul 08, 2019, 07:39 PM
Here is problem with the landing gear width...dimension A
Jul 08, 2019, 08:45 PM
Awsome 2.5D Pilot.
Thread OP
Fortunately I was able to cancel the order. Think I'll see if I can draw something and print it in ABS. Will need to do it in 2 pieces as my printer will only print 200mm wide.
Jul 08, 2019, 11:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbobed
Fortunately I was able to cancel the order. Think I'll see if I can draw something and print it in ABS. Will need to do it in 2 pieces as my printer will only print 200mm wide.
Was hoping you would catch my picture before you ordered. I may go ahead and use it but it looks kinda goofy. Gonna be hard to find off the shelf that will actually fit. Would like to see a picture of theirs up close.
I've considered laminating wood and fiber glassing. I've considered aluminum but looking at machining costs.
Hope your ABS print works out, that's the better solution.
Jul 09, 2019, 06:39 AM
Awsome 2.5D Pilot.
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelfaith1
Was hoping you would catch my picture before you ordered. I may go ahead and use it but it looks kinda goofy. Gonna be hard to find off the shelf that will actually fit. Would like to see a picture of theirs up close.
I've considered laminating wood and fiber glassing. I've considered aluminum but looking at machining costs.
Hope your ABS print works out, that's the better solution.
If I print one that works, I'll share the file.
Jul 09, 2019, 11:12 AM
Quote:
If I print one that works, I'll share the file.
I'm really hoping it does and I sure appreciate your willingness to share the file. I'm not very good at the design side of this business. That's why I don't mind paying others for their design work.

I do have a roll of ABS. But I don't have an enclosed printer so I may not have as good of luck as you.
Thanks again and let me know how it turns out.
Jul 09, 2019, 02:14 PM
Awsome 2.5D Pilot.
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelfaith1
I'm really hoping it does and I sure appreciate your willingness to share the file. I'm not very good at the design side of this business. That's why I don't mind paying others for their design work.

I do have a roll of ABS. But I don't have an enclosed printer so I may not have as good of luck as you.
Thanks again and let me know how it turns out.
My printer is not enclosed. I have good luck printing ABS as long as it's not thin skin. You need to be able to print at 255/110.
Jul 09, 2019, 10:19 PM
Quote:
My printer is not enclosed. I have good luck printing ABS as long as it's not thin skin. You need to be able to print at 255/110.
I would like to give it a try. The bed goes above 110 and the extruder max is 300. Thanks again.

Quick Reply