Jul 02, 2019, 02:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelfaith1
Number of Top Solid Layers in S3D is 0. Bottom Layers are 0. Perimeter Shells are 1.

So, no wonder there is a hole. Will try to print again by changing the Top Solid Layers to 2.

Thanks for the help Jampim.
Change it to 4.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 02, 2019, 06:22 AM
Use the variable settings wizard and add top layers to the layers around that area only.
Jul 02, 2019, 11:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by japim
Change it to 4.
Glad I read this before I started that print. I set the Top Layer to only 1. Changing to 4 Top Layers on Wing 2 per and will see if that closes up the holes. Thanks a bunch for your help. Saved me 4 or 5 hours on that print job.
Jul 02, 2019, 11:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynxman
Use the variable settings wizard and add top layers to the layers around that area only.
That's some good information that I did not know. Never used the Wizard before, so will give it a try. Thanks a bunch.
Last edited by steelfaith1; Jul 02, 2019 at 12:21 PM.
Jul 02, 2019, 04:41 PM
Thanks for the help everyone….got a perfect print, no blemishes at all around the hole area. Took the advice and used 4 Top Layers.
Jul 03, 2019, 04:11 PM

little off topic

I know it is a little off but do any of you here have the stl files for the 63 " model of the 3dlabprint edge 540?

if you want to sell pm me

thanks doug
Jul 04, 2019, 03:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbobed
Don't expect any help.
Just received my 2nd response from 3DLabprint. It does take them a while but they do eventually respond.

"The sure bonds are designed to leave some gap for the CA glue.

As for the cowling, this spot is a bit problematic, as this needs the layer height to be lowered and some top layers as well to fill in the gaps.

The Šonka cowling is not affected by this issue.

Petr Šťásek
Support"
Jul 04, 2019, 03:42 PM
Awsome 2.5D Pilot.
Thread OP
Quote:
Just received my 2nd response from 3DLabprint. It does take them a while but they do eventually respond.

"The sure bonds are designed to leave some gap for the CA glue.

As for the cowling, this spot is a bit problematic, as this needs the layer height to be lowered and some top layers as well to fill in the gaps.

The Šonka cowling is not affected by this issue.

Petr Šťásek
Support"
I just printed the surebonds and am not happy. Too loose in the slots. I increased the width and did a test print and th new width is fine but it leaves gaps on each end. So I'll do some more redesign. You don't need much room to wick in thin ca. Hate to have a bunch of blemishes on the surface.
Jul 05, 2019, 10:14 PM
Quote:
I just printed the surebonds and am not happy. Too loose in the slots. I increased the width and did a test print and th new width is fine but it leaves gaps on each end. So I'll do some more redesign. You don't need much room to wick in thin ca. Hate to have a bunch of blemishes on the surface.
Been using thick gorilla superglue and hitting it with aerosol kicker. Fills the gap pretty good, up to the surface.
Jul 06, 2019, 11:48 AM
Awsome 2.5D Pilot.
Thread OP
I changed the x,y,z parameters to the following and got nice fitting wedges.
24.0 15.74 2.0 and printed with a 100% first layer.
Jul 06, 2019, 05:58 PM
Quote:
I changed the x,y,z parameters to the following and got nice fitting wedges.
24.0 15.74 2.0 and printed with a 100% first layer.
Thanks for those numbers....will try reprinting and chunking the other ones. Was going to mess around with the scale, so thanks for taking care of that.
Printing the canopy now so after it will get to the sure bonds.
Jul 08, 2019, 07:30 AM
Awsome 2.5D Pilot.
Thread OP
Anyone figured out what to do about a landing gear?
Jul 08, 2019, 10:48 AM
I ordered the carbon fiber one they recommended off of ebay…..around 25 bucks.
Jul 08, 2019, 10:57 AM
Awsome 2.5D Pilot.
Thread OP
Quote:
I ordered the carbon fiber one they recommended off of ebay…..around 25 bucks.
Link? The one in the guide points to one on Hobby King which is out of stock.
Jul 08, 2019, 01:21 PM
MorganTech
This one matches up the pair that I purchased from HK for the 73" Edge.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Carbon-Fibe...sAAOSwOkhb18vc

Quick Reply