Jun 19, 2019, 09:32 AM
Sorry for asking a few questions . I did not mean to divert this thread . Thanks MJD3 for your reply .

Mike1484
to remove ads between posts
Jun 19, 2019, 12:34 PM
EB-66C Team Member
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amp Abuser
The reason specific threads are created is to primarily discuss the subject of that thread.

Unfortunately, there is an individual who loves to promote himself and his work on many of the threads in the 1/2A Forum. Any guesses who that might be?

Respecting a thread is important to many RCG members, just as I'm sure you would expect the same of your threads...so, thank you for at least removing your speed videos and data from post 23. At least you recognized that there was an issue.

Here's my recommendation: As I stated in the past...If a member feels the need to discuss a topic that has an existing thread, especially to assist someone, post a link to that thread and continue the conversation there. Occasional thread drift happens...I get it! Unfortunately, the topic of speed/engine performance data has been in too many threads, usually started by the same person. Any idea who that can be?

Again, if there is a dedicated thread...use it, share the link and keep that conversation there. If there isn't, create a new thread. Thanks!

Now, let's get back to the SMALL conversations and the builds for this event.

Best,
Tony
Last edited by xplaneguy; Jun 19, 2019 at 06:14 PM. Reason: Sp
Jun 19, 2019, 01:14 PM
EB-66C Team Member
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleRock
Starting with a Midwest kit originally designed for single channel rubber escapment
Plans are for three channel with a PAW .06 diesel
Not a bad kit for its age
It looks great! Awesome progress!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GEOFF 27049
Force fed speed
Love it; thanks for sharing.
Jun 19, 2019, 05:05 PM

Flyline Cub

Decided to recover and modify this Cub to electric for SMALL.
Was built from scratch by my Dad about 20 years ago
It was built for FF with a PeeWee .020
Was never flown
Jun 19, 2019, 06:18 PM
EB-66C Team Member
Thread OP
Quote:
Decided to recover and modify this Cub to electric for SMALL.
Was built from scratch by my Dad about 20 years ago
It was built for FF with a PeeWee .020
Was never flown
Fantastic Steve! This post brought a smile to my face. I can't wait to see it finished.
Jun 20, 2019, 01:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xplaneguy
Well...so much for having a thread on the SMALL 30th!

Why does so many of these threads turn into 1/2A speed threads? It's a good way to push people out of this forum, I guess? Just sayin!
Don't you wish that there was an interminable source of repetitive vids embedded with ridiculous specs telling us how to make a plane go 76mph while we're still holding it? Along with a note about a theoretical prop speed which doesn't allow for efficiency loss? For an event that no one flies nor cares about?

That'd be great to have, wouldn't it?
Jun 20, 2019, 04:41 PM
EB-66C Team Member
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan berry
Don't you wish that there was an interminable source of repetitive vids embedded with ridiculous specs telling us how to make a plane go 76mph while we're still holding it? Along with a note about a theoretical prop speed which doesn't allow for efficiency loss? For an event that no one flies nor cares about?

Based on the number of phone calls and messages I've received from 1/2A forum members in the past 24 hours...the answer is NO!

I did receive a PM from one person who wasn't pleased. He assumed the post was about him and told me to remove it or I would be reported. Any guesses who that might be? Sometimes screen names change on here when a behavior is addressed.

Obviously, the off topic behavior has been going on for years, and I guess folks have had enough too!

Bottomline: Most people just want to have fun, inspire and assist one another in this forum. Respecting a thread only helps to maintain a great conversation on topic and inspires others as well. Muddying up a thread has become common place on this forum and I'm glad to learn others have not been happy about it. Our hobby is slowly dying and we need to keep everyone.

I hope we all begin a new chapter of respect on these threads, especially for the next generation of hobbyists and/or the seasoned folks thinking of coming back. I'm certain they are reading these posts....regardless of if they reply or not.

Best,
Tony
Jun 20, 2019, 04:47 PM
Quote:
Based on the number of phone calls and messages I've received from 1/2A forum members in the past 24 hours...the answer is NO!

I did receive a PM from one person who wasn't pleased. He assumed the post was about him and told me to remove it or I would be reported. Any guesses who that might be? Sometimes screen names change on here when a behavior is addressed.

Obviously, the off topic behavior has been going on for years, and I guess folks have had enough too!

Bottomline: Most people just want to have fun, inspire and assist one another in this forum. Respecting a thread only helps to maintain a great conversation on topic and inspires others as well. Muddying up a thread has become common place on this forum and I'm glad to learn others have not been happy about it. Our hobby is slowly dying and we need to keep everyone.

I hope we all begin a new chapter of respect on these threads, especially for the next generation of hobbyists and/or the seasoned folks thinking of coming back. I'm certain they are reading these posts....regardless of if they reply or not.

Best,
Tony
OK. I'll just call you *** Killer from now on. I'm about start a Hydrostar. Which would've been a good choice for SMALL this year. TD for power. It'll probably only go 56 mph while I'm holding it.
Jun 20, 2019, 05:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan berry

The real issue is continual topic digression from the OP's original intent, regardless of the subject matter.

Now folks are publicly demeaning other people's specific interests - this is garbage talk, and is the polar opposite of the hobby camaraderie that I think most people seek and enjoy (I know I do).

While I totally understand what/who this is directed to, I have a real problem with your blanket statements. It's not an "event", it's a fun thing that some people do, and others don't. Like most areas of the hobby. I intended to bring a couple of fast models to the forthcoming SMALL. But if like you say nobody cares.. you make a really good point. Why then would I waste the time and money to attend when I have two great flying sites within 15 minutes of home? I don't want to hang with people who think this way. I'll have to give this some serious thought.
Jun 20, 2019, 05:57 PM
Nitro User
Mike, MJD3
I agree, would never go to an event that has folks like these that crap on your efforts to share and provide insight responding to a post in a thread.
Dan has been another agitator towards me directly along with one other for the last 4 yrs is why I wont go to S.M.A.L.L

Now it is time to change gears.
Time to do something I have never had to do before on RCG or RCU or CEF.
for all the many years I have enjoyed the 3 hobby sites. Sad and pathetic..
you have pushed to far.
Jun 20, 2019, 05:57 PM
Nitro User
Quote:
Unfortunately, there is an individual who loves to promote himself and his work on many of the threads in the 1/2A Forum. Any guesses who that might be?

thank you for at least removing your speed videos and data from post 23. At least you recognized that there was an issue.
Tony

Quote:

Tony

PM that was sent:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1/2A Nut
Tony,

"Unfortunately, there is an individual who loves to promote himself and his work on many of the threads in the 1/2A Forum. Any guesses who that might be?"

I take direct offence to the above statement. Remove it or get reported your choice. Character assassination will not be tolerated.
I share 1/2A related techniques and results in response to current postings, not self promoting. The intent is to expand knowledge and help. You have taken liberties about my intent that is not welcome by me or allowed by RCG.

Personal attacks on the "character" of an RCG member is a rule violation.
Brad
I now take offence to everything in red.
- One sentence requested to be removed
- Saying post 23 says the name of the person no assumptions
- Your behavior is about to be addressed I have my response.
- I changed my name to match it on CEF had nothing to do with
anyone but me.
- I was at work here now to address the continuing slandering.

Brad
Last edited by 1/2A Nut; Jun 20, 2019 at 06:07 PM.
Jun 20, 2019, 06:32 PM

BiPlane

Dug yet another unfinished project out in hopes of getting it ready for the 30th SMALL.
It has a span of 24
Originally for FF but should handle one of the newer small radio systems.
Hard to believe SMALL has been around 30 years already.
Jun 20, 2019, 06:44 PM
Nitro User
Post 23# was a response about a plane that flew at SMALL in a previous post in this thread. You deemed it unworthy,
without thinking about fresh eyes that drop in this forum that may not know how well a Cox engine can perform. It was
a response to a member I have never seen on this forum. He was put on the spot, forced to apologize for asking a question
on a plane that was posted in this thread.

I removed the original response on post 23# to keep the peace.
There are many new folks looking in on the active threads and want to ask questions. They appreciate a warm welcome and answers.
They are new and this is all interesting to them. They have not seen what you have nor know what you know. I have learned to embrace them,
we must have a heart of a teacher. More folks would stick around the 1/2A forum if we all got on board with it. I am here to share my passion for
the hobby, new findings, help, learn, encourage and congratulate success.

That's it from me best wishes to all =)

Brad
Jun 20, 2019, 07:28 PM
Quote:
Dug yet another unfinished project out in hopes of getting it ready for the 30th SMALL.
It has a span of 24
Originally for FF but should handle one of the newer small radio systems.
Hard to believe SMALL has been around 30 years already.
You gonna paint it or plasticate it?
Jun 20, 2019, 07:32 PM
Rattle can if electric
Clear dope and trim if glow
Nothing if someone else wants to finish it

Quick Reply