View Poll Results: Of you hobbyist drone pilots, who follows the law of the land and registered?
I do! 8 33.33%
Heck no, Iíll take my chances! 16 66.67%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Jun 26, 2019, 09:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by quigly7777
I am just in this for personal enjoyment. I am not a racer, just like the idea of FPV, though a pretty raw pilot. Reading the current "rules", I cannot even practice at home (on 1 acre, rural, but within the circle of a local airport) with my goggles without an observer. I live alone. Or fly non FPV, LOS.

Wonder what they will say in the FAA Webinar I received notice about since I am registered, payed my $5.
Hey! I live just down the road from you (Elgin). We should get together and fly sometime. I'm also pretty green.
Adam
to remove ads between posts
Jun 26, 2019, 01:02 PM
well I just registered. I hate big government and resent the $1.67/year but I was curious about the process. I think the information is conflicting. It makes you check a box saying you have taken passed a test but there is no test. (the test seems to be for commercial uses. It requires physically going to a testing facility, speaking english, a background check etc...) It says the registration is for vehicles over 250g and under 25kg. Does this exclude lighter models from ther requirement? It's not clear at all. Finally is says to watch their social media for changes.

I'm pretty sure I just participated in a useless $ grab. Except that at $1.67/year I'm quite sure they are LOOSING money administering the program. Not sure that makes me feel better.
Last edited by dsergison; Jun 26, 2019 at 01:12 PM.
Jun 27, 2019, 04:28 PM
Adam, I am pretty straight out on other projects right now and pretty much just flying a simulator. Have not done any real outdoor flying. Totally uncoordinated, but I am on 1 acre. Unfortunately its close enough to the Taylor airport. I will probably still fly. I am also super old!!!!

Quick Reply