Jun 14, 2019, 07:25 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

Wait... The Radian is available again?

https://www.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&P=0#technotes
to remove ads between posts
Jun 14, 2019, 09:19 AM
pull up -- PULL UP!!!
Somebody put some boxes on too high a shelf. Just found them.
Jun 14, 2019, 11:45 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by hard line
Somebody put some boxes on too high a shelf. Just found them.
You may be right. Someone found a pallet in a warehouse somewhere (?) Held them back trying to force people to buy the Night Radian(?)
Not show on HH website, but they are on Tower. Interesting.
Jun 14, 2019, 06:46 PM
Sagitta Fanboy
Interestingly, it also looks like the RXL is discontinued as it's showing as No Longer Available on HH's website.
Jun 16, 2019, 02:02 PM
aka KF7DS
Yeah!!!! Ordered one up as my old one is worn...very happy
Jun 16, 2019, 07:54 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by mawz
Interestingly, it also looks like the RXL is discontinued as it's showing as No Longer Available on HH's website.
Yeah, I read in some thread they were discontinuing it. But then, they discontinued the Eflight Radian... for a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by donsinger1
Yeah!!!! Ordered one up as my old one is worn...very happy
I'd order one and stick it in the corner for future...but I just ordered a new Taranis. Man, I've drained the fun money down to nothing lately.
Jun 20, 2019, 01:47 AM

good news!

well, i recently posted this at my blog:

radian 2 meters: best all around
Posted by phil alvirez | May 22, 2019 @ 08:43 AM | 1,870 Views
i have been flying gliders before i learned radio control. free flight. and designing them too. now am still into gliders (R/C), and designing some too.
when i learned about the radian, i got 1. after extensive flying it, i consider it great for catching thermals when there is not much wind. period.
not only that, is the fastest to get ready. stable, forgiving, reasonably priced, what could any1 else want? now they replaced it with the 1 with lights.
still, is a great plane for all around thermal flying.
every time i go to the field i carry 1, together with my own designs, and launch it first, just to warm up.
and i think that it is sad that the designers that work for large business are not known, but still, i wish this reaches him (them).
if so, thanks for a great design...
i also own the small version (umx) , and it performs great too.
tried the 2.6, but it is a horse of different color. not my kind of plane.
this is the 2 mt available now:
https://www.horizonhobby.com/night-r...2m-pnp-efl3675

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ilplane-Review
https://www.horizonhobby.com/umx-tra...ology-eflu2980

so they may be coming to their senses...or are listening?
Last edited by phil alvirez; Jun 20, 2019 at 02:00 AM.
Jun 20, 2019, 11:15 AM
aka KF7DS
hopefully coming to their senses...possibly brought it back because the night radian not selling well?
Jun 20, 2019, 11:30 AM
pull up -- PULL UP!!!
Horizon still says discontinued. Is there any evidence that Tower is selling something other than old stock? You guys seem to think so.
Jun 20, 2019, 01:58 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by hard line
Horizon still says discontinued. Is there any evidence that Tower is selling something other than old stock? You guys seem to think so.
No, I just ran across it on Tower Hobbies while browsing. However, they also are selling parts such as individual fuselages and wing sets. That would be the only indication, if it is an indication or evidence, that it is back in production...the availability of spare parts. Still a mystery however, if that is the case, why HH doesn't have it on their site.
Jun 20, 2019, 08:08 PM

the way they are

it has been sold by park zone, eflite and now tower.
it seems a sales strategy.
the way they do things could be just that.
go figure!
Jun 25, 2019, 08:39 AM
Life Long Modeler
Good to see the V2 is back. I have 2 each of the PZ Radian, a Pro, the XL and the UMX. All are great fliers. I might order a V2 set of wings to put on the Pro. V1 replacement wings are like hairy hens teeth - almost impossible to find.

Quick Reply