This thread is privately moderated by blitzen, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jun 14, 2019, 07:15 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

Enjoying a Time Warp

I found a dozen micro quadcopter drones in a closet. They appear to be between 3 and 6 years old. All ready to fly sets that include the quadcopter, transmitter, accessories and user manual. I decided to get LiPo batteries and have some fun before waste management got them. The oldest drones have imaginative designs and are festive night flyers. I was flabbergasted when I saw an identical quadcopter at Walmart this past weekend. It was selling for $80 on sale ($100 less 20%). I have completely under estimated the value of these things. The future is now.
The eclectic collection includes a quadcopter that uses WiFi and a smart phone instead of a RC transmitter. Two others combine a phone and a transmitter for assisted flight. Luckily the apps were still available to download. There are fast FPV drones which come with 5” monitors and sophisticated looking transmitters. A 220mm wheelbase camera drone can be flown in windy conditions and it has the best range of all. The smallest might be the most recognizable of the group because of the “Tiny Whoop” craze that followed. They're all fun.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply