This thread is privately moderated by Swath, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jun 13, 2019, 10:03 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Tiny Whoops

I have discovered the buzz about the Tiny Whoops.

Some time ago I tried to get a Bat 100 up and flying but never did figure it out. Sat by my computer staring at me, day after day.

I was in a RC store grabbing a couple things when I saw them flying a Blade Induxtric Switch. It looks very smooth in the air. I bought one just to give it a try.

I had flown the Blade double rotor helicopters for a while and enjoyed that immensely. I have about 6 controllers for those so I figured I could, and did, just bind and fly with those.

This led to me searching the net, hearing about these Tiny Whoops, and eventually buying the parts to assemble one. My first was the brushless with 19k motors. I had some time ago bought a DX6 and box headset so I got those hooked up and began to learn to fly these little buggers. Man is it fun.

It took me a good week or two flying in the house then a little outside before I finally could handle trying to fly with the headset on. Still took some learning and flying but currently I am flying OK with the headset. Getting better the more I fly and practice for eventually participating in a whoop race.

I now have a brushed whoop using the original FC board from the Switch. I have been flying the brushless whoop as much as possible but I have now broken 2 cameras and needing another so the Switch has been my learning rig cause it is still flying. The Switch did not come with a camera but it does have a connector. I bought a camera with that connector and stuck it on the canopy with double sided tape and flew like that for quite a while. I eventually modified a 3D printed camera mount and it sits nicely on that and flies well with the Tiny Whoop "Special Sauce" motors.

I have now broken 2 cameras on the Tiny Whoop rig, one the lense came off so I bough just the camera on the board and the used the original second board to solder to. Worked great for several hours then, nothing but black. Likely my poor flying and numerous crashes but I had hopes they would hold up better. The one on the Switch FC board is still working find and I have crashed it as much if not more.
Last edited by Swath; Jul 09, 2019 at 03:10 PM.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply