Jul 29, 2019, 08:29 AM
USA: LakeGeorge, New York
So I used the new SCOUT Goggles all day yesterday. Battery lasted for 6hrs.
That's pretty awesome. I could of used more but I didnt want to run li-iON all the way down.

The Lens Clarity and FOV size is perfect. That's astounding
for me to say bc I bought that $489.00 HDO goggles.

I hardly use them as I use my HeadPlayHD's more. I fly fixed-wing FPV so
HUGE FOV is my style.
These threads will mix a lot of people up bc most now use rice-burner-mini-quads.
These SCOUT maybe not good for you bc FOV is bigger.
You rice-burner-mini-quads users love the tinest FOV.. lolol

I actually like these new SCOUT Goggles.
The included built in VideoRX antennas are nice, and the OSD is easy to navigate around.

These are the best $200 goggles ive ever used!!!!

Greg, you finnnally listened to me...lolol
(Great job, hopefully you'll profit enough from these and make a v2.....)
Last edited by rclab1; Aug 06, 2019 at 05:39 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 06, 2019, 01:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papsi
The new Fatshark Scout Banggood
New -22 discount code BGBCFPV
Aug 07, 2019, 10:01 AM
aka KF7DS

Good reception quality

Very impressed with the quality of reception...surprisingly good.
Aug 23, 2019, 06:17 AM
Definitely the best Box goggles I have ever owned. The focal length is perfect for me and even though I'm a bit shortsighted (~2.25) I found I did not need to use my glasses.

Given the large 50 deg FOV and ~16:9 aspect ratio I still prefer my FS HDO's for Quad racing but the Scout is very nice for my FPV planes, esp one's with busy GPS OSD's. Now I just need to find a good 16:9 FPV camera. Any suggestions?
Aug 25, 2019, 06:36 AM
P
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomC

...Now I just need to find a good 16:9 FPV camera. Any suggestions?
Runcam Micro Eagle...
Last edited by benz11; Aug 25, 2019 at 07:10 AM.
Aug 27, 2019, 12:08 PM
"Where is our beloved rclab1? Is he so happy with the scout that he is flying it all the time instead of being misunderstood on RCgroups? Nah... The Scout can't be that good... It's just another box goggle... Hope nothing bad happened to him..."
Seriously? Where is the trolling part of my post? I like RClab1 and was just asking for news... A bit sarcastic here and there maybe but I won't change a line because this is not a troll...
Last edited by Itty; Aug 29, 2019 at 07:37 PM. Reason: I do not think my post was a troll
Sep 04, 2019, 01:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itty
"Where is our beloved rclab1? Is he so happy with the scout that he is flying it all the time instead of being misunderstood on RCgroups? Nah... The Scout can't be that good... It's just another box goggle... Hope nothing bad happened to him..."
Seriously? Where is the trolling part of my post? I like RClab1 and was just asking for news... A bit sarcastic here and there maybe but I won't change a line because this is not a troll...
I gotta say it does sound a bit Gay, lol! Just kidding, I like a little humour. No problem as far as I'm concerned btw.

These are def. best Box goggles ever imho. If you have something constructive to add to this thread, please do. Thanks.
Sep 04, 2019, 02:28 AM
Quote:
These are def. best Box goggles ever imho. If you have something constructive to add to this thread, please do. Thanks.
That was exactly my point, best box goggle ever but because it's tagged as a box it seems that it doesn't make as much noise as it should and I am very surprised.

As we know, RClab1 is very knowledgeable when it comes to box style goggles and always on point on what he says. I am waiting impatiently for his second thoughts after a few month of use.
For some reason a moderator asked me to change my thread without explaining more than it was a troll.

Oh BTW, has anyone tried yet to use the auxiliary port on it?
Sep 04, 2019, 02:40 AM
I have no need for the Aux port but why not give it a try if you are really interested and not just trolling, lol!
Sep 04, 2019, 09:23 PM
Quote:
I have no need for the Aux port but why not give it a try if you are really interested and not just trolling, lol!
No I'm not but I start to see green hair coming from behind the bush.
More seriously I would have try on mine but I don't have that connector anywhere in my spares. Just curious if it could power a RF module or some of the new unicorn powder recievers.
Sep 04, 2019, 09:35 PM
Maybe just go to the Fatshark website and download the Scout manual for more details. Not the short quick start file btw.
Sep 04, 2019, 09:54 PM
Quote:
Maybe just go to the Fatshark website and download the Scout manual for more details. Not the short quick start file btw.
You advice ME to real a MANUAL??? ok, you definitely reached the troll zone there
Sep 10, 2019, 07:24 PM
Received mine today and im impressed. Not tested in fly yet but compared to my Ev800 and Ev800D, they are the day and night:
-Much more clear image
-Litle more real FOV than EV800!
-Much more compact and comfortable
-Much more easy to use menu, and hope the DVR function works fine (faulty on EV800D model when the signal glitches)
-And the best of all is than on the ev800 models i need a spacer of 60mm for focussing image! but on the fatshark scout i can see clear.

-The cons is the cost about 100 more, but for me they worth the money without doubout
Sep 10, 2019, 07:52 PM
Ya, I'm pretty impressed with my Scout as well. I'm now using it with all my FPV planes/wings. I'm now only using my Fatshark HDO's for FPV racing drones.

I still cannot believe how clear the Scout display is without needing to wear glasses. I need to use -2 diopters with my HDO's btw.
Sep 10, 2019, 11:30 PM
I was thinking of getting one they say the foam is not that good, how is the reception? Do you get any dizzy because of the screen?

Quick Reply