Jul 19, 2019, 10:55 AM
RCG Admin
Thread OP
No problem. We just concluded the award ceremony. Headed back to the States on Monday to get ready for the NATS!!
to remove ads between posts
Jul 28, 2019, 01:20 PM
Pro Bro # 2398
these DLG's look like a ton o fun but the prices are crazy !
Jul 28, 2019, 03:22 PM
Remember... Fly for fun!
Try build one of that quality for cheaper...
Jul 29, 2019, 12:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GassPasser
these DLG's look like a ton o fun but the prices are crazy !
When you see the work behind it, you won’t call it crazy 😉
Jul 29, 2019, 12:29 PM
Soar high, huck low
Engineering, design, testing, exotic materials, labor, precision construction, next level performance, all delivered to your door. Anything under $1000 is a bargain.
Latest blog entry: Super sized Delta combat wing
Jul 29, 2019, 06:00 PM
GrassPasser, you are in Indiana, come to the NATS next weekend and see the performance for yourself. Then you will see the value.
Jul 29, 2019, 06:13 PM
Soar high, huck low
And if you think DLG is pricey, look at a good F3J or 5J ship.
Latest blog entry: Super sized Delta combat wing
Jul 29, 2019, 06:34 PM
I've spent just as much, if not more in a year on bnf foamies than I have on 1 new dlg.

And looking in the electric plane forum and seeing how many foamies some of the guys have, I would think it's safe to say others have too. I bet if they added up what they had spent on them, the cost of 1 dlg wouldn't seem that bad in comparison.

Our dlg's usually outlive a foamie too, some of the fliers here in the UK are still competing with their 3-4 year old planes that are still going strong (but with some repairs).

I bet the Heli guys spend a small fortune on their models too.
Jul 30, 2019, 05:30 PM
Pro Bro # 2398
Yes, i am sold on the quality...I'm all in !
Jul 31, 2019, 02:28 PM
Made it to Muncie and ready for some flying!
Aug 22, 2019, 08:17 PM
Hit my smoke....
Jason,

What are you using to secure the pull wires at the servo end?
Aug 22, 2019, 09:05 PM
RCG Admin
Thread OP
I just switched to the pulley horn so it wraps around the pulley through a couple of holes in the horn and gets secured to the servo screw.
Jan 14, 2020, 09:57 PM
Some.. call him Tim...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Cole
I just switched to the pulley horn so it wraps around the pulley through a couple of holes in the horn and gets secured to the servo screw.
Nice review Jason! I just received my second custom cx5 and nothing flys like them! As we always say.. “like cheating” love the pulleys from armsoar here they are on my Bamf with 19 strand wire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by electrich
And if you think DLG is pricey, look at a good F3J or 5J ship.
Both are a bargain for what you are getting. These are handmade works of art that perform! What more can you ask for. BTW receiving my Ultima 2 soon😎
Last edited by Ducati Mechanic; Jan 14, 2020 at 10:05 PM.
Jan 14, 2020, 10:07 PM
RCG Admin
Thread OP
Looks awesome!
Jan 23, 2020, 12:42 AM
Time for me to Fly...
Both of my CX5’s are built. They came out about 10 grams heavier than I was hoping for and that was mostly added nose weight. They are 244g and 247g. Both have a CG at 68mm. I will say that I was unable to get my Spektrum AR410 RX in the nose with the battery so the battery is under the servos in the pod. I suspect that they might have built out 5g lighter if I were flying a smaller RX that would have allowed the battery to be up in the nose.

It’s funny.... I remember my first Snipe ( back when they were still new) built out at 250g and I had a hard time adjusting to flying such a light plane. By today’s standards these CX5’s are a bit heavy. I’m sure they will fly well at this weight.
Latest blog entry: The latest and greatest

Quick Reply