Aug 21, 2019, 11:52 AM
My project: FAIREY DELTA 1
Hmmm... got me a set of -2,-4,-6 diopters to see if I could cancel out the blurry edges.
It got reversed: sharp edges and blurry centre with -2! BUT with a slightly smaller FOV which gives just enough room to display the screen 100%. Sometimes it looks like the screens are a tad too large for the lenses.

I guess -1 might be a good alternative for me (I have good vison)

I tried to find -1 reading glasses to cut to shape to fit the V5 as a test but it seems only + lenses are available.
I may attempt to source some prescription glasses to make a test. Hope they are a bargain or have them cut to size at a small fee... Get me an IPD check as well.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 21, 2019, 12:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik v. Schaik
Hmmm... got me a set of -2,-4,-6 diopters to see if I could cancel out the blurry edges.
It got reversed: sharp edges and blurry centre with -2! BUT with a slightly smaller FOV which gives just enough room to display the screen 100%. Sometimes it looks like the screens are a tad too large for the lenses.

I guess -1 might be a good alternative for me (I have good vison)

I tried to find -1 reading glasses to cut to shape to fit the V5 as a test but it seems only + lenses are available.
I may attempt to source some prescription glasses to make a test. Hope they are a bargain or have them cut to size at a small fee... Get me an IPD check as well.
I had some hard time with a headset while trying it on the bench and focusing on still image with some osd on the sides... Spent a lot of time trying to get it better to a point I was satisfied with some tricky lenses and then took that to fly with... After 5 minutes I removed the contraption I made and just realised that for flying the original picture I had was all I need... Don't know how to explain but when I fly and it's moving I am just OK with the picture I have while on the bench I see all the problems...
Not saying it's he same for you, just sharing me 2 cents
Aug 22, 2019, 01:59 AM
Yes I noticed this too but it's kinda annoying when before every take off the display isn't like desired.
I'll try to get me some -0.5 and -1 lenses to see if I can correct this. I'll take the V5 to the glass store and see what's possible.
I recon a pair of bare lenses would not break the bank.
Aug 22, 2019, 04:49 PM
monkeymagic

Mad the battery case to balance charge

I'm enjoying my new Attitude V5s but didn't have a 18650 battery charger so modded to battery box so I could charge on my regular balance charger. It was easy and I documented the process step by step if you want to try yourself.

https://www.quadifyrc.com/tips-and-tricks/balance-charging-for-the-fatshark-battery-case-mod-tutorial

More pictures in the article than the ones I attached of course.
Aug 22, 2019, 05:13 PM
We are not men, we are DEVO 7e
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuadifyRC.com
I'm enjoying my new Attitude V5s but didn't have a 18650 battery charger so modded to battery box so I could charge on my regular balance charger. It was easy and I documented the process step by step if you want to try yourself.

https://www.quadifyrc.com/tips-and-tricks/balance-charging-for-the-fatshark-battery-case-mod-tutorial

More pictures in the article than the ones I attached of course.
check how warm it gets. I hear that's why FS didn't do this. -fire risk from overheating inside the enclosure.
Latest blog entry: MY notes/ Ascent 2"build notes
Aug 23, 2019, 12:14 AM
monkeymagic
Quote:
Originally Posted by xanuser
check how warm it gets. I hear that's why FS didn't do this. -fire risk from overheating inside the enclosure.
Didn't notice anything odd on the first couple of charges but have only been charging at 0.5c - thanks for the heads up.

I'm guessing this is because US companies are (rightly) terrfied of litigation? Perhaps others not so much?
Aug 23, 2019, 11:22 PM
My cousin is going to order this soon for me.
All these days I have been following several user opinions about Fat Shark Attitude V5 and they have been generally positive.

I have never tried slim goggles and only tried box goggles so far.
If I have focusing issues, dual image, blurry corners on Fat Shark Attitude V5, will Diopter lens of -2, -4, or -6 help in any way?
They are 14$ in getfpv, was planning to order them along with the goggles.

Note: I don't have any eye sight issues and not wearing any kind of spectacles for anything.
Aug 23, 2019, 11:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sim_tcr
My cousin is going to order this soon for me.
All these days I have been following several user opinions about Fat Shark Attitude V5 and they have been generally positive.

I have never tried slim goggles and only tried box goggles so far.
If I have focusing issues, dual image, blurry corners on Fat Shark Attitude V5, will Diopter lens of -2, -4, or -6 help in any way?
They are 14$ in getfpv, was planning to order them along with the goggles.

Note: I don't have any eye sight issues and not wearing any kind of spectacles for anything.
Binocular headsets "tricks" your brain by having two different pictures source for each eyes, which is never the case in real life... Actually the better your eyes are the more difficult it is to trick them. I have been using and testing all those tricks since the Nvidia shutter glasses on CRT analog computer screen... It is possible to train yourself and your eyes to accommodate to any of those tricks as long as the trick is designed well enough... But having a vision above the average makes it more challenging and some people definitely will prefer the more forgiving box goggles... If you have a chance to try the FS scout don't hesitate to... It is just the state of the art box goggle and in a surprisingly small form factor. FOV, resolution, diversity, 60fps DVR, it really has a lot of features that makes me wonder why we don't hear more about.
Headsets are like shoes... Every one has different needs and it's only up to you to find what YOU prefer... Hiking shoes, converse, high heels...
Well, please, don't do fpv with high heels unless it really fits you, and don't think you'll get better reception because antennas are 10cm higher
Aug 24, 2019, 10:48 AM
if you have decent sight already, diopters will not solve the issue.
Aug 25, 2019, 05:52 AM
I'm highly considering -1 diopters custom made. I like good vision as much as converting my QXY to M7R gymballs (I'm a pincher thus needed to reduce stick throw).

Hands and eyes makes us connected to our drones. If done right I really feel more locked.
I'd like to explore a good combination for cam choice as well. I use Micro Swift 2 and 3 but noticed higher TVL cams from clubmenbers makes these oleds really shine.
Aug 25, 2019, 04:49 PM
monkeymagic
Quote:
if you have decent sight already, diopters will not solve the issue.
Quick comment on diopters. Both my eyes are -2.

In Aomway commanders the cheap -2 diopters help a lot.

In the V5 my view was good without them and the diopters made it worse.

Not sure what this mean but this was my experience.
Aug 25, 2019, 09:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuadifyRC.com
Both my eyes are -2.
do you wear corrective lenses normally?
Aug 26, 2019, 12:43 AM
monkeymagic
Quote:
do you wear corrective lenses normally?
Yes I do.
Aug 26, 2019, 03:25 PM
quote from RHOlens out of my Email:

thank you very much for your message. The blurry edges are a well known problem of the Fatsharks. We found that -1.00 did help some customers to reduce or avoid blurry edges. While some other customers said that this does not help. Also the best value may vary between -0.75 and -1.50. So we are a bit reluctant to send such lenses to our customers, as there is a risk that we get them back and have to do full refund. Due to the used pupil distance the lenses cannot be used for other customers then.
Aug 26, 2019, 03:27 PM
I tried -2 and got blurry cente and sharp edges thus it is very likely -1 will work for me.

Quick Reply