Jul 28, 2019, 04:22 PM
FPV Ground Pounder
Quote:
Originally Posted by teoplays
thank you, I saw that there are also version vtc5 or 6. I was wondering if they can go well given they have more mAh and A

Perhaps even the 18650 Samsung from Banggood could be fine? I'm not an expert on these batteries

Inviato dal mio Redmi Note 4 utilizzando Tapatalk
I don't know about other places but on ebay there are a bunch of the 18650's being sold with high mah when in fact they are actually 1200-1500 mah I sent them back. The ones in the link that I sent you are 2100 mah & they are charging to around 1750 mah depending on how far I run them down. I have 4 so I always have a charged set and I just rotate them.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 28, 2019, 04:25 PM
FPV Ground Pounder
Just order some Attitude v5's which should be here by Thursday. Hope they live up to the hipe in all the reviews I have watched.
Jul 28, 2019, 04:58 PM
Team Crash
I think you'll be happy with them, I'm happy with mine.
Jul 29, 2019, 03:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by teoplays
thank you, I saw that there are also version vtc5 or 6. I was wondering if they can go well given they have more mAh and A

Perhaps even the 18650 Samsung from Banggood could be fine? I'm not an expert on these batteries

thank you, I live in Italy so I have to buy from a nearby vendor or that he usually sends here ;-)

Jul 31, 2019, 09:29 PM
FPV Ground Pounder
The Attitude V5's arrived today I fly only Whoop style quads so the cameras are pretty carppy for the most part. I was very impressed when I powered them up and put the on for the 1st time. The screen was large and bright. Really didn't have to do much with the IPD. With the Falcon FG02's that I had if I didn't put the on right I had a screen for each eye & when I 1st put them on it was like that no matter what I did with the IPD adjustment. Finally my eyes adjusted and I generally had one image. Never could get the OSD writing really clear even tried diopters. The Attitudes were a different ballgame. Put them on and only had 1 clear image with good contrast and color. I don't know if they are lighter than the Falcons but they fell lighter on my head. The Falcons felt like they were pinching my nose, the Attitudes don't all around just a better fit.

My only 2 complaints so far is that the fan is powered by the balance lead and I need a tool to insert and remove the SD card my fat fingers will not fit in the allotted space to insert and removed it.
Aug 01, 2019, 12:26 AM
We are not men, we are DEVO 7e
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gramps50
I need a tool to insert and remove the SD card my fat fingers will not fit in the allotted space to insert and removed it.
cant believe FS hasn't fixed this yet.
also why not just let us use usb cable to goggle to download from SD, without even having to remove it?
Aug 01, 2019, 08:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gramps50
With the Falcon FG02's that I had if I didn't put the on right I had a screen for each eye & when I 1st put them on it was like that no matter what I did with the IPD adjustment. Finally my eyes adjusted and I generally had one image. Never could get the OSD writing really clear even tried diopters. The Attitudes were a different ballgame. Put them on and only had 1 clear image with good contrast and color.
I am also planning for attitude v5 as my first slim goggles. Currently using eachine vr006 box goggles.
I have never tried slim goggles. No friend near by to test them.

My main fear is this double image with slim goggles and my eyes not adjusting to it.
How much should I worry about it?
Aug 01, 2019, 11:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sim_tcr
I am also planning for attitude v5 as my first slim goggles. Currently using eachine vr006 box goggles.

My main fear is this double image with slim goggles and my eyes not adjusting to it.
My first small form slim goggles were the EachIne EV100 . I remember my first flight with them I had double image with two props spinning in screen for my right eye and two props spinning on the left screen. I thought it was weird but I did not think to much of it. Had my second flight and experienced the same thing.

Went for a third flight , when I put the goggles on and turned on the quad the screen automatically merged into one as my eyes adjusted. Now every time I put the goggles on it is automatically one screen. When I switched to Attitude V4s; nothing changed and my eyes automatically saw one screen.

I obviously can not promise you that your eyes will adjust. But for me it took two flight to adjust and I was not trying. I thought seeing two screens were " normal " coming from box goggles with one screen

I really love the look of the Attitude series and even though I am enjoying my Attitude V4 , I still would like to get these. I just hope the green glossy finish is not limited time and no longer when I get them in a couple of months.
Aug 02, 2019, 10:29 AM
FPV Ground Pounder
Quote:
Originally Posted by sim_tcr

My 1st real goggles were Vipers which are box goggles. Recently I bought some Falcon FG02's like Rotor Rage said it took a while for my eyes to adjust to merge the 2 images. Playing with the IPD helped. Only had those about a week and returned them. When I took the Attitude v5's out of the box and put then on there was only one image. I can't say whether or not it was the Attitude's or if my eyes automatically adjusted. I wasn't comfortable flying with the twin images so I just sat in my hobby room and played with them. If doing this I would suggest blowing a small fan over the vtx to keep it cool
Aug 02, 2019, 09:17 PM
Thank you. I guess I got it.
I remember doing this exercise, When I tried a cheap version stereoscopic goggles.
Last edited by sim_tcr; Aug 06, 2019 at 07:17 AM.
Aug 11, 2019, 04:12 PM
My project: FAIREY DELTA 1
I really was on the fence for the Skyzones or Attitude V5. The auto record+save option on the V5 for GPS (lost model recovery) was the main reason to go for V5 and tough the DVR is bad it serves it purpose. Only downside is both bottom corners are blurry and I wonder if diopters can solve this? I have perfect vison myself. but both IPD buttons are moved to the left.

I recon I'd use the DVR footage to get used to merge the 2 screens as well. almost locked in.
- The FOV is much wider as CommanderV1 I tried occasionally.
-I like the simplicity of the buttons. No complaints here.
-I'll do the Bardwell fan mod.
-Face plate is too thin and pushing hard on the nose leaving marks. Considering to reduce weight and relocate the battery.

Not sure if this is an over all winner. I am using Eachine Goggle2 (1080P) for 2 years but made the switch because of the auto record+save option. Wonder if a fatshark box would serve me better.

kr, Erik
Aug 11, 2019, 04:16 PM
Raw V5 footage:

Need to get used to new rates on this drone. Much softer as I am used to.
Micro swift2+ Eachine vtx02

Tinyhawk-S rates in Tomohawk Sidewinder (3 min 9 sec)
Aug 11, 2019, 04:20 PM
Last edited by Erik v. Schaik; Aug 11, 2019 at 04:24 PM. Reason: double post
Aug 11, 2019, 04:27 PM
One additional question:

Is it any use installing cams with more than 600tvl with the V5?
Aug 11, 2019, 07:18 PM
FPV Ground Pounder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik v. Schaik
I really was on the fence for the Skyzones or Attitude V5. The auto record+save option on the V5 for GPS (lost model recovery) was the main reason to go for V5 and tough the DVR is bad it serves it purpose. Only downside is both bottom corners are blurry and I wonder if diopters can solve this? I have perfect vison myself. but both IPD buttons are moved to the left.

I recon I'd use the DVR footage to get used to merge the 2 screens as well. almost locked in.
- The FOV is much wider as CommanderV1 I tried occasionally.
-I like the simplicity of the buttons. No complaints here.
-I'll do the Bardwell fan mod.
-Face plate is too thin and pushing hard on the nose leaving marks. Considering to reduce weight and relocate the battery.

Not sure if this is an over all winner. I am using Eachine Goggle2 (1080P) for 2 years but made the switch because of the auto record+save option. Wonder if a fatshark box would serve me better.

kr, Erik
I started with a $50 pair of box google that I stuffed a cutup pair of reading glasses in. Then I bought some FTX Vipers which can be worn with glasses. Wanted to get away from box googles so I bought a pair of Flysight Falcons which I could use without the reading glasses, the didn't fit that well and the picture was so so. Traded the Flacon's for the Attitude V5's and there is a ton of difference. I don't have any issues with getting the OSD clear in the corners, sometimes I to have to adjust the way they sit on my face so I can see what is in the corners. I have heard of others saying that the -2.0 diopters cleared up the corners of their screens, might be worth a try. Another thing to try is a thicker foam, there are kits with different thickness of foam to adjust them.

I have seen the reviews on the new Scouts and I really like what I have seen. They are box goggles but don't seem to be as big and bulky as your typical box goggles. They also have a new menu system that looks much better than what the other Fatsharks have. I think maybe the only drawback is that the Scout's don't take modules.

Quick Reply