Jul 11, 2019, 08:33 AM
We are not men, we are DEVO 7e
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeIND

I never had a chance to put my eyes in a pair of FatShark but how would you qualify the distance of the different options HDO, Att v5 or Scout, compared to the EV800?
EV800 I have to move my eyes to see edges and corners of screen, or read OSD. its like sitting too close in a movie theater.
FS doesn't feel as "immersive", but everything is right there, in my view without moving my eyes. which I prefer.

everyone will have their own opinion on goggles. its like asking what someone's favorite fitting shoes are, then finding they are not a fit for you when you order a pair.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 11, 2019, 08:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xanuser
EV800 I have to move my eyes to see edges and corners of screen, or read OSD. its like sitting too close in a movie theater.
FS doesn't feel as "immersive", but everything is right there, in my view without moving my eyes. which I prefer.

everyone will have their own opinion on goggles. its like asking what someone's favorite fitting shoes are, then finding they are not a fit for you when you order a pair.
Thank you! So what you're saying is that the screen is smaller but the "distance" is the same. Am I correct?
Jul 11, 2019, 12:31 PM
It doesn't matter how you say it. Smaller screen. Or further distance. I don't like having to move my eyes when I fly, so a smaller FOV is what I prefer.
Jul 11, 2019, 04:19 PM
What he is saying is exactly the same as i said. The ev800d is "a little too big"... but for me... dropping down to a 38 fov is already a little too small... and a 30d fov onnthese goggles would just be plain annoying for me... id rather buy their box goggles instead... (not the old recon v2 either... those had such poor image quality)...

Somewhere around 42-45 is preferable for me... and i would rather have a 16x9 view... to say "i cant see the edges... then dont put you osd info in thefar edges and that wont be an issue...
Jul 11, 2019, 06:25 PM
its personal preference. there is no right or wrong for everyone.

I believe the "FOV metric" has a lot of fudge factor in it. one companies 35 might be what another calls 48.

all of the reviews for v5 i've read have said the FOV seems bigger than the stated #.
the only real way to know for sure is to try and see for yourself. (the shoe analogy)
Jul 11, 2019, 10:21 PM
Im getting used to the hdo... it is more clear... and i think it makes up for the size.. i would however like them to think fov (1st) and resolution ( 2nd) on the next version...
Jul 12, 2019, 02:48 AM
Quote:
its personal preference. there is no right or wrong for everyone.

I believe the "FOV metric" has a lot of fudge factor in it. one companies 35 might be what another calls 48.

all of the reviews for v5 i've read have said the FOV seems bigger than the stated #.
the only real way to know for sure is to try and see for yourself. (the shoe analogy)
Totally agree. Unfortunately it's something hard to put your hands on a pair and try... Unlike shoes :-)
Jul 12, 2019, 03:06 AM
Quote:
Unlike shoes :-)
was thinking internet shoes. since we're buying internet goggles. figured that was implied. my bad.
Jul 12, 2019, 03:13 AM
Quote:
was thinking internet shoes. since we're buying internet goggles. figured that was implied. my bad.
Actually it's also valid as I would find returning a pair of shoes much easier than returning a pair of goggles... For shoes, the return label is already in the box, for goggles I guess you'll have to discuss (argue?) with the vendor, to get the greenlight for a retrun, and pay for the shipping.
Jul 16, 2019, 02:35 PM
Team Crash
Got a msg from GetFPV that they are in and shipping out now.
Jul 17, 2019, 01:31 AM
Reserved, mine will coming soon.
Jul 17, 2019, 01:45 AM
Can't wait to get some feedback!
Jul 19, 2019, 08:00 AM
Quote:
Can't wait to get some feedback!
+1. I would love these to be my first non-box goggles, I just don't know if I could get around the stretched image. I hope someone I know grabs some so I can try them first.
Jul 27, 2019, 07:08 PM
FPV Ground Pounder
Quote:
Originally Posted by teoplays
what 18650 batteries can go well with these goggles or how many mah?

Inviato dal mio Redmi Note 4 utilizzando Tapatalk
Iím have good luck with these https://www.ebay.com/itm/11248939643...&ul_noapp=true
Jul 27, 2019, 07:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gramps50
thank you, I saw that there are also version vtc5 or 6. I was wondering if they can go well given they have more mAh and A

Perhaps even the 18650 Samsung from Banggood could be fine? I'm not an expert on these batteries

Inviato dal mio Redmi Note 4 utilizzando Tapatalk

Quick Reply