Feb 05, 2020, 09:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sim_tcr
I had bought https://www.getfpv.com/diopter-sets-...k-goggles.html along with attitude v5.
My eyes dont need these.
But I asked my mom to try and she said with these lens inserted, she could see the goggles image clear.
Thanks, this are the same? https://www.banggood.com/Fatshark-FP...-p-915692.html

I am looking for a fairly fast shipment that does not cost more than lens

Inviato dal mio Redmi Note 4 utilizzando Tapatalk
to remove ads between posts
Feb 05, 2020, 01:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by teoplays
Thanks, this are the same? https://www.banggood.com/Fatshark-FP...-p-915692.html

I am looking for a fairly fast shipment that does not cost more than lens

Inviato dal mio Redmi Note 4 utilizzando Tapatalk
I think these are same.
Mine are -2, -4 and -6
Feb 13, 2020, 02:15 PM
FPV Ground Pounder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik v. Schaik
I didn't, but I see many vids in the V5 they like the OLED screens quite a bit for visibility in shadow areas under trees etc. I believe the Sky02 is not OLED?

You may consider the Sky03 which seems great as well or even better! Keep in mind the V5 has auto record+save option which is nice but the DVR is marginal.

Personally I am still in doubt if a FS Scout could have even be a better choice over the V5. Never seen a Scout in person...
Iíve thought the same thing. The Scouts do seem nice though Iíve never seen a pair in person. Now Iím wanting the HDO2ís
Feb 13, 2020, 02:54 PM
My project: FAIREY DELTA 1
Here is working proof of the V5 auto record+save option many goggles do miss IMO.

I've send this to a mf to claim warranty on a defect whoop AIO fc and they agreed to send me a new one as well as a motor

If I hadn't this option I was not able to place a claim.

Not sure which goggle to chose over the V5 but I'd lean towards the sky03 but fancy a good box goggle as well.
The HDO2 is a great alternative but I feel they need to upgrade the DVR like the Recon . The Orca might be an alternative but it would be great to dial in the optics perfectly like the HDO2.

Tough my V5 optics have been replaced under warranty the OSD tects is much better but not perfect I'm still fiddling the IPD slides. In flight this is not an issue but you will notice this when disarmed.

Haven't seen the DJI goggle in person as well but youtube vids show cropped footage and for me they look less demanding at a lower quality especially when turning all gets blurry IMO. Now I understand too much details could make a drone harder to fly...
Feb 13, 2020, 02:55 PM
HERE is the proof LOL!!

PICT0372 Trim (1 min 21 sec)

UK65 camera in here has flyable quality but DVR sucks.
Feb 13, 2020, 03:00 PM
Take into acount the new regulations coming... It might only be of interest to fly small toothpick sized quads to avoid insurance issues or steep fines. An HDO2 might not be worth the expense.
Personally I'd advice if one has a goggle just wait a few months to see how bad our community is crippled.
Feb 18, 2020, 10:21 AM
Buffalos have wings
My thoughts exactly, main reason I have not updated my goggles....What is the weight limit they are discussing for quads? I currently have already reduced my fleet to 2.5" and 3" quads, I wonder if they are small enough.
Feb 23, 2020, 12:58 PM
Just some footage which amazed me yesterday.

Build a 2.5" sized drone with betafpv C01 cam and A01 vtx.
This V5 dvr recording isn't "unaceptable" IMO! much different as my previous UK65 vdo post!
Uploaded straight from SD card to Youtube.

Weather is too bad for ourdoor fpv...

hx100maiden (0 min 24 sec)
Feb 23, 2020, 07:21 PM
FPV Ground Pounder
That came straight out of the Attitude v5’s not bad at all. Mine sure doesn’t look that good. Guess it could be the camera on the whoops
Feb 25, 2020, 11:01 AM
FPV Ground Pounder
My Attitude V5's turned off, thought the battery had died so I replaced then. When plugging in the battery holder with the new batteries it wouldn't power up. I was freaking out as I thought my Attitude's had died. As it turned out the power cable from the battery holder is bad, if I let it hang by the cable it will work. Luckily I had another one so I can still fly until the replacement arrives.
Feb 26, 2020, 04:20 PM
HI Gramps,

Yeah I think it is a lucky combination cam/fpv. I had an Eachine Goffle V2 before the V5 and with a Runcam Eagle I had a very pixelated image on the HD screen. With the UK65 cam/vtx combo the dvr is horrible but it really shines with the C01.

You could opt to go the 2s Iipo route like I did:
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...&postcount=144
It's much more convenient to have similar charging times for fvp,Tx and drone cells. I purshased 6 identical balance chargers powered by a parrallel charging board which is ideal for fast preparations before flight. I have 12 chargers in total which is amazing to have 12 packs charged within 30 minutes.

The XT30 connector is a drop in solder modification no sweat! works like a charm!

kr, Erik
Feb 26, 2020, 07:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gramps50
My Attitude V5's turned off, thought the battery had died so I replaced then. When plugging in the battery holder with the new batteries it wouldn't power up. I was freaking out as I thought my Attitude's had died. As it turned out the power cable from the battery holder is bad, if I let it hang by the cable it will work. Luckily I had another one so I can still fly until the replacement arrives.
Interesting thought Gramps. It seems others, including me have had an issue with the V5's not powering up, or powering off indiscriminately. I ended up taking mine apart (not recommended I know) and tightening every nut I could find and it seemed to help. But there are still times when they don't power up until I put them on my face and tilt my head down. After over 200 packs, they still haven't gone dark on me in flight but it only seemed like a matter of time.

I didn't consider the battery pack cable connection as the problem because it was new and the connector fits really snug in the goggles. I never had the issue with the same type FS battery pack on my V4's. So I think I'll try the ole switcharoo on battery packs this weekend myself and see if it helps. Thanks for commenting.
Feb 26, 2020, 08:45 PM
FPV Ground Pounder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik v. Schaik
HI Gramps,

Yeah I think it is a lucky combination cam/fpv. I had an Eachine Goffle V2 before the V5 and with a Runcam Eagle I had a very pixelated image on the HD screen. With the UK65 cam/vtx combo the dvr is horrible but it really shines with the C01.

You could opt to go the 2s Iipo route like I did:
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...&postcount=144
It's much more convenient to have similar charging times for fvp,Tx and drone cells. I purshased 6 identical balance chargers powered by a parrallel charging board which is ideal for fast preparations before flight. I have 12 chargers in total which is amazing to have 12 packs charged within 30 minutes.

The XT30 connector is a drop in solder modification no sweat! works like a charm!

kr, Erik
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfresh
Interesting thought Gramps. It seems others, including me have had an issue with the V5's not powering up, or powering off indiscriminately. I ended up taking mine apart (not recommended I know) and tightening every nut I could find and it seemed to help. But there are still times when they don't power up until I put them on my face and tilt my head down. After over 200 packs, they still haven't gone dark on me in flight but it only seemed like a matter of time.

I didn't consider the battery pack cable connection as the problem because it was new and the connector fits really snug in the goggles. I never had the issue with the same type FS battery pack on my V4's. So I think I'll try the ole switcharoo on battery packs this weekend myself and see if it helps. Thanks for commenting.
This is the 1st time Iíve had had any issues with mine powering off. Tried another FS 18650 battery holder & have flown maybe 10 packs through my Mobula7 & the V5ís worked fine. Nice to have backups . . . . 😊 Itís only a $15 item but I still contacted FS about the problem. Have yet to hear back but Iím not sure what there status is in China.

Quick Reply