Thread Tools
Nov 11, 2019, 01:33 AM
Registered User
Papsi's Avatar
Fatshark Attitude V5 Banggood

New -46€ discount code „BGDDEE9“
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Nov 12, 2019, 04:05 PM
FPV Ground Pounder
Gramps50's Avatar
I'm having an issue with my Attitude v5's, the image in the goggles is b/w on another monitor the image is in color as well as the DVR from the Attitude's. This does not happen but with one vtx. The only difference between the vtx's is the channel and band most are on R1 this one happens to be on A1. What is throwing me is it's only the Attitude's that are showing the b/w image. Tried contrast/rightness to no a vale.

Any idea what might be going on here?

Update: Switched to R1 like the others and it's still the same.
Last edited by Gramps50; Nov 12, 2019 at 04:44 PM.
Nov 12, 2019, 07:21 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gramps50
I'm having an issue with my Attitude v5's, the image in the goggles is b/w on another monitor the image is in color as well as the DVR from the Attitude's. This does not happen but with one vtx. The only difference between the vtx's is the channel and band most are on R1 this one happens to be on A1. What is throwing me is it's only the Attitude's that are showing the b/w image. Tried contrast/rightness to no a vale.

Any idea what might be going on here?

Update: Switched to R1 like the others and it's still the same.
I understand completely the goggles are the only thing that is B/W and everything else is in color. If you run out of options and it's not too much trouble, I would try going to the camera menu and resetting to factory defaults, which essentially resets the source image. Seems this has worked for me in the past when I had a similar issue.
Nov 13, 2019, 10:48 AM
FPV Ground Pounder
Gramps50's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfresh
I understand completely the goggles are the only thing that is B/W and everything else is in color. If you run out of options and it's not too much trouble, I would try going to the camera menu and resetting to factory defaults, which essentially resets the source image. Seems this has worked for me in the past when I had a similar issue.
I'll give that a try and see what happens

UPDATE: Don't think you can reset a Gopro 2 or I don't know how
Last edited by Gramps50; Nov 13, 2019 at 10:44 PM.
Nov 14, 2019, 09:35 PM
FPV Ground Pounder
Gramps50's Avatar
I updated the firmware on the Gorpo and that didn't help the issue. Set the Gopro 2 to PAL & the Attitudes were still B/W.
Nov 24, 2019, 01:04 PM
Registered User
teoplays's Avatar
///
Last edited by teoplays; Nov 25, 2019 at 04:37 PM.
Dec 04, 2019, 02:16 PM
Registered User
#INFO Post dedicated to Fatshark Attitude V5 owners (but not only, as info)
I try to summarize the story. It all starts when one day I try a friend's Attitude V5,
as he, after having purchased them, had found the problem of seeing out of focus cause an incompatible IPD, only discovered later. He tried to possibly exchange them, or sell them. Tried my Skyzone SKy02, but they didn't completely solve the problem, and I tried the V5 and was enthusiastic about the video quality, I decided to sell mine to buy them. I wear eyeglasses, and I use corrective lenses made by an optician in Germany. On the day of the test, however, I used them with contact lenses. I decided to sell mine, and immediately found the buyer, and took the V5s. Once I got home and inserted the corrective lenses, I noticed that I saw blurred and in addition a doubling of the writing, as well as white, I saw the same blue / blue writing too, and around the screen there was a slight blue / blue crown . In short, a big problem! Thinking of a defect, I decided then to have them try a friend who used EV200D, but he told me to see everything in focus and well. Then I asked him if he noticed a blue / blue halo on the contour of the screen and on the writing, he told me that it was slightly, in particular it was better noticed by putting the glasses in certain positions, which however did not bother him that much. I concluded that I too was not compatible with V5. But I decided to write to the optician who had made the lenses, thinking of an incompatibility, and this was the answer:
Hi Paul,
welcome back.

Usually the lenses you have purchased are compatible with all other FPS FatShark glasses.
But above all the new FatShark Attitude V5 is "difficult".
I'm currently in contact with FatShark support and they told me that the first batch production of Attitude V5 had some problems. The optical system of this model is completely different from all previous FatSharks. I received one here from a customer who has the same problem.
The focal lenth of this is 40-50 cm in front of the pilots' eyes. So if the drivers' age exceeds 42 years (presbyopia) they will have difficulty concentrating on this short distance -
the image remains more or less blurred.
FatShark support is sending me a brand new Attitude V5 for measurement and testing. They say that with new productions everything should be fine.
... I'll see.
If you test my goals on any other FatShark model you will see that they work well.
We apologize for not having better information for you at the moment

Then by chance, it occurred to me to try with contact lenses (not remembering that I had tried them already), and incredibly, with the lenses everything was ok or almost, yes almost, that is, everything is in focus, but I remain the halos blue / blue in the contour of the screen, and in some positions, a slight splitting of the blue / blue text. My friend decided to write to Fatshark to explain the problem he saw out of focus, attaching the optician's answer to the problem admitted by them, and this was the first answer:

Hello Marco

We had some problems with the first batch that in some cases gave what looked like a double image and also caused what looks like a blue border around a part of the image. If you don't see it, your optics are OK.

Regards,
Dave - Repairs in the UK

However, in reality the blue border can be seen, so we contacted Fatshark again, explaining that the people who tried the glasses could see us well, but they noticed this blue halo around the screen, and sometimes even beside the writing, asking for explanations . This is the answer:
Hello Marco

I am currently waiting for replacement Attitude V5 optical modules from the factory, we hope this will happen within the next 2 weeks. Once arrived, I will contact you with a reference number and shipping details to send them to the UK repair center to replace the optical module.

I apologize for the inconvenience.

Conclusion Fatshark knows he has produced a batch of V5s with defective screens, but he pretends nothing. Correct it would have been to make a statement, explaining the defect, that if you see a blue halo around your screen with your V5 glasses, I have double blue writing, the glasses could be sent for assistance in replacing the screens. This is the Attitude V5 soap opera. Sorry for the slowness. So if someone finds this defect, they can have their screens replaced if they want.
Dec 06, 2019, 11:02 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by paoloz67
#INFO Post dedicated to Fatshark Attitude V5 owners (but not only, as info)
I try to summarize the story. It all starts when one day I try a friend's Attitude V5,
as he, after having purchased them, had found the problem of seeing out of focus cause an incompatible IPD, only discovered later. He tried to possibly exchange them, or sell them. Tried my Skyzone SKy02, but they didn't completely solve the problem, and I tried the V5 and was enthusiastic about the video quality, I decided to sell mine to buy them. I wear eyeglasses, and I use corrective lenses made by an optician in Germany. On the day of the test, however, I used them with contact lenses. I decided to sell mine, and immediately found the buyer, and took the V5s. Once I got home and inserted the corrective lenses, I noticed that I saw blurred and in addition a doubling of the writing, as well as white, I saw the same blue / blue writing too, and around the screen there was a slight blue / blue crown . In short, a big problem! Thinking of a defect, I decided then to have them try a friend who used EV200D, but he told me to see everything in focus and well. Then I asked him if he noticed a blue / blue halo on the contour of the screen and on the writing, he told me that it was slightly, in particular it was better noticed by putting the glasses in certain positions, which however did not bother him that much. I concluded that I too was not compatible with V5. But I decided to write to the optician who had made the lenses, thinking of an incompatibility, and this was the answer:
Hi Paul,
welcome back.

Usually the lenses you have purchased are compatible with all other FPS FatShark glasses.
But above all the new FatShark Attitude V5 is "difficult".
I'm currently in contact with FatShark support and they told me that the first batch production of Attitude V5 had some problems. The optical system of this model is completely different from all previous FatSharks. I received one here from a customer who has the same problem.
The focal lenth of this is 40-50 cm in front of the pilots' eyes. So if the drivers' age exceeds 42 years (presbyopia) they will have difficulty concentrating on this short distance -
the image remains more or less blurred.
FatShark support is sending me a brand new Attitude V5 for measurement and testing. They say that with new productions everything should be fine.
... I'll see.
If you test my goals on any other FatShark model you will see that they work well.
We apologize for not having better information for you at the moment

Then by chance, it occurred to me to try with contact lenses (not remembering that I had tried them already), and incredibly, with the lenses everything was ok or almost, yes almost, that is, everything is in focus, but I remain the halos blue / blue in the contour of the screen, and in some positions, a slight splitting of the blue / blue text. My friend decided to write to Fatshark to explain the problem he saw out of focus, attaching the optician's answer to the problem admitted by them, and this was the first answer:

Hello Marco

We had some problems with the first batch that in some cases gave what looked like a double image and also caused what looks like a blue border around a part of the image. If you don't see it, your optics are OK.

Regards,
Dave - Repairs in the UK

However, in reality the blue border can be seen, so we contacted Fatshark again, explaining that the people who tried the glasses could see us well, but they noticed this blue halo around the screen, and sometimes even beside the writing, asking for explanations . This is the answer:
Hello Marco

I am currently waiting for replacement Attitude V5 optical modules from the factory, we hope this will happen within the next 2 weeks. Once arrived, I will contact you with a reference number and shipping details to send them to the UK repair center to replace the optical module.

I apologize for the inconvenience.

Conclusion Fatshark knows he has produced a batch of V5s with defective screens, but he pretends nothing. Correct it would have been to make a statement, explaining the defect, that if you see a blue halo around your screen with your V5 glasses, I have double blue writing, the glasses could be sent for assistance in replacing the screens. This is the Attitude V5 soap opera. Sorry for the slowness. So if someone finds this defect, they can have their screens replaced if they want.
I had several units returned from 2 different retailers over the summer not including amazon. I also had a unit from getfpv. The first unit I had had sharp clear screens it was absolutely perfect. The remaining ones had blurry screens over and over again and every time I purchased them only to return /exchange them insisting that the blurry screens were defective. I played the exchange game and gave up Since all the attitude v5 build quality was inconsistent ( look at amazon reviews too) . I also think Fatshark has bad units out since all those attitude v5 screens were impossible to adjust clearly even with diopters and rotor logic , helli-nation, GetFPV, just puts them back in the shelf for other people to buy, cry. And return them.

Agree
Fatshark needs to take care of this. The only good unit I got was from RDQ the screen was solid and clear. Fatshark needs to own up. They may have had few big batches of attitude v5 messed up as I could not get a good unit at the time

I since moved to HDO2 but the attitude v5 had plenty of potential if it was manufactured correctly as my first unit was


Quick Reply
Message:

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product New FatShark Fat Shark Teleporter V5 FPV Goggles W0tw0t FPV Equipment 15 May 17, 2018 08:16 PM
Discussion FatShark Attitude SD v2 VS. FatShark Attitude V2 CE-Certified FPV Bundle ? OptionX3 FPV Talk 5 Jan 13, 2017 08:02 AM
New Product For Fatshark Goggles: 40CH Diversity FPV Receiver OLED Display TheMadCADer FPV Equipment 6 Sep 02, 2016 02:04 PM
Discussion Modified Fatshark Dominator V2's with OLED screen llambkin FPV Equipment 1 Mar 22, 2016 07:47 AM
Discussion Fatshark Attitude v2 vs Fatshark Dominator v2 OldManJ FPV Equipment 0 Aug 19, 2014 02:43 PM