Jun 10, 2019, 06:42 PM
Thread OP
Contest

F5J on the Central California Coast July 13/14 2019

F5J at Santa Margarita Ranch - July 13/14 2019
This is the third year for F5J in the central coastal area of California. Santa Margarita Ranch is a 3600 acre commercial ranch that is used to host a wide variety of events.

Location: Santa Margarita Ranch, Santa Margarita CA, GPS: 3523'43.11"N 12036'32.46"W

Date: July 13/14 2019

Hosting Clubs: San Luis Obispo Flyers Inc., Pismo Beach Soaring Society

Site Organizer: Rick Johnston

CD: Sandy Smith

Event sponsor: SoaringUSA

F5J USA Tour Event

This is an F5J USA Tour event and will be conducted in accordance with Tour rules and guidelines and FAI F5J rules. Pertinent information can be found at http://www.f5j-usa.com. Each model flown must be equipped with an approved F5J limiter (see list below). Per Tour rules for this season motor restarts will be allowed but will result in a zero flight.
Contest rules can be found at google: f5j usa tour

Currently approved limiters are:
Altis v3
Altis v4+
Altis v4
Altis Micro
CAMF5J
Grk Elec Altmr2
Mvario2_JetiBox
RCE #2Basic
RCE Multi 2
SM Unilog 2
This competition will be scored using Gliderscore with smartphone scoring. A community laptop will be provided for those without smartphone access.

REGISTRATION is at F3XEvents.com

San Luis Obispo Airport(10 miles) has connecting flights from San Franscisco, Phoenix, Denver, and Dallas
Santa Maria Airport(40 miles) has flights from Denver.

FREE dry camping on site.
Motels in Atascadero(6 miles) and San Luis Obispo(12 miles). Beach cities Pismo Beach(18 miles). Morro Bay(26 miles)

AWARDS will be given out to the top 5 pilots based on their fly-off ranking.

Looking forward to seeing you there!
Rick
Last edited by Rickj.1151; Jun 10, 2019 at 07:03 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 15, 2019, 11:50 PM
Thread OP
Registration is open on F3X Events. We are looking forward to hosting an F5J tour event here for the third year.
Rick
Jun 25, 2019, 08:54 PM
Team Hello Kitty
Just signed up Rick. Looking forward to flying at the ranch again. It's a very cool field and I'm hoping this year you can get some of those Cal Poly coeds to be timers for us.

Chris
Jun 25, 2019, 09:00 PM
Team Hello Kitty
In bikinis of course
Jun 25, 2019, 09:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoaringDude
It's a very cool field and I'm hoping this year you can get some of those Cal Poly coeds to be timers for us.
That pic was highly insensitive and sexist. Please post more of them.

Tom
Jun 26, 2019, 09:00 AM
Thread OP
Chris
That post sure gave the thread a boost(bump?). We are looking forward to hosting everyone at the venue again. The Scolari hill( aka McGowan's hill) death to glider trap is all set. Full testing takes place this weekend as we will be practicing at the field. See you soon.
Rick
Jun 26, 2019, 10:42 AM
POLY DOLLIES

THE SLO life
Jun 30, 2019, 07:38 PM
Lover of fast slope gliders!
With the new addition of the timers, my son and I will be there. Be a great start to a summer vacation!

Steve sr. and Steven Jr.
Jul 01, 2019, 11:41 AM
Just signed up. I’m currently planning to camp on site. See you there!

-Randy
Jul 02, 2019, 08:22 PM
Thread OP
The heavy hitters are signing up-welcome guys
Rick
Jul 03, 2019, 09:57 AM
Thread OP
The field will be available Thursday morning 8:00 for practice and camping Thursday night thru Saturday night. Looking forward to seeing everyone.
Rick
Jul 04, 2019, 09:51 AM
Thread OP
We are 14 strong, looking for more pilots to join us at a great venue. 10 days to go.
Rick
Jul 04, 2019, 10:30 AM
Team Hello Kitty

Friday Low Launch Challenge

Rick is willing to let us do another Low launch Challenge on Friday. We will start when enough guys are ready (1:00pm?) Either CD Sandy or I will set up the clocks and sound system for the 1-hour flight window. Attempt as many 5:00 min rounds as you can while trying for the LOWEST possible launch. If you don't make your time you can re-launch with a new 5:00 timer. No limit on the # of flight attempts. Self-time your flights. A full flight is between 4:50 and 5:10. NO landing tapes or points.
Name: how-low-can-you-go.png
Views: 5
Size: 10.2 KB
Description:
Jul 06, 2019, 07:46 AM
Thread OP
Getting close 1 week to go
DIRECTIONS to the field:
From the north traveling on Hwy 101, take the Santa Margarita exit ( about 8 miles south of Atascadero) proceed to and pass thru Santa Margarita. Proceed 1/2 mile past town to field gate on the left(there will be a sign and you will see the site)
From the south traveling on Hwy 101 take the Santa Margarita exit( about 12 miles north of San Luis Obispo) proceed as above.
Rick
Jul 09, 2019, 12:02 PM
I plan to arrive Thursday afternoon or early evening and tent camp. Looking forward to a full day of practice Friday and a fun weekend of contesting! I hope a few more of you decide to sign up last minute.

Does anyone happen have an 18x13 prop they can bring for me to try? I'm thinking of buying one. Or could buy yours.

Will there be lunches provided on the contest days or should we bring our own?

Bob

Quick Reply