Mar 18, 2002, 01:30 AM
If you get the gyro set correctly and its still not working check to make sure the tail gears are correctly afixed to thier shafts. Sometimes they may be loose casueing not enough power to the tail.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 18, 2002, 01:50 AM
jk
jk
from the photos, it looks like you're missing the anti-rotation arm too.
Mar 18, 2002, 01:57 AM
You might want to move the flybar wieghts as far out as possible. Also try to move the antenna forward becasue i bet the cg is off towards the back.
Mar 18, 2002, 09:09 AM
Thread OP
Choppa, batteries are 8x700maxells and they are well cycled. The s300 has about 3 hours on it. I'll check the gyro again.

Jstory, I did notice the tailgear likes to slip so I quickly fixed that.

Jk, I do have one of the antirotation arms. Should it be glued towards the top? Are there supposed to be two of these arms?

Also, no wonder everyone shells out $$ for the cnc tailslider. Mine really sticks. What should I do to lube it?

I never thought it would be this difficult but at the same time I should not be too upset with a used hornet and no manual. I definitely wouldn't have tried it if it weren't for this forum, though!

Thanks so much guys, I'll get it one of these days but not anytime soon since I'll be out of town for a week.
Last edited by Spaulding; Mar 18, 2002 at 09:13 AM.
Mar 18, 2002, 09:28 AM
Choppa, batteries are 8x700maxells and they are well cycled. The s300 has about 3 hours on it. I'll check the gyro again.

Apparently the extra volts really shorten the life of the s300, also was the motor run in by plugging a 5 volt pack and letting it run a few times ? if not that could shorten life of s300, my first motor went quite quick coz I didnt run it in. I stick one of the s400 direct drive props 5x5 just to load the motor a bit so it dont over rev,

Jk, I do have one of the antirotation arms. Should it be glued towards the top? Are there supposed to be two of these arms?

one is what you get and as low as poss so it doesnt intafere with the swashs full range of movement I used a spare pico servo arm instead to support both sides, easy enuf

Also, no wonder everyone shells out $$ for the cnc tailslider. Mine really sticks. What should I do to lube it?

that would help maybe, but if you got a needle file, gently file the inside of the hole a little at a time so it doesnt bind
also this mod

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...5&pagenumber=5

helped me with my tail control as the slider bearing can twist so tail control isnt nice an precise, this mod eliminates the twisting, check it out and see what you think, its cheap and cheerful but works well

anyhow, have fun
Last edited by Choppa Nutta; Mar 18, 2002 at 09:31 AM.
Mar 18, 2002, 11:33 AM
jk
jk
i guess you could address the slider issue that way, but i prefer to solve the problem once and for all.

no matter what you do to it, the stock one has too much slop for me, and the plastic bushing never really recenters itself compared to a SS sleeve. the bearing also ends up popping out of the oem one eventually.

if you want to remove the slop at the bellcrank, try this:

the instructions for it are here:

http://microhelis.homestead.com/ballbellcrank.html

2 cents...........
Mar 18, 2002, 01:14 PM
yeah that looks a very elegant solution, definitely on the list for when I go super Hornet brushless CP flybarless HHgyro which is looking like a $500 or so upgrade for all the bits. I really like what you have done with the hornet and piccolo JK.

I guess I have been lucky with my mod then it hasnt given me any problems since its been done but the SS looks alot more solid.
Mar 18, 2002, 01:29 PM
jk
jk
Choppa,
thanks
all in a day's (or night's ) work.

Spaulding,
if you want to get the best in a/r arms, get one from Walt.

the link is here:
http://microhelis.homestead.com/dblararm.html
Last edited by jk; Mar 18, 2002 at 01:32 PM.
Mar 20, 2002, 02:02 AM
If you need the manual go here:

http://www.helihobby.com/HeliHobby/Navigator/index.html

Sean.

Quick Reply