Jun 08, 2019, 04:13 PM
Thread OP
Build Log

3dlabprint big spitty build

Got new printer running last weekend, new Prusa. Been printing parts ever since, started with the wings.

Just using the pre-canned g-code for the prusa and similar printers. So far so good. Just twaeking settings on the printer as needed. Turned flow up to 105% because it looks like it was under extruding at the beginning of each layer. Using 60c for the bed. 230c seems to work fine for extrusion temp. Parts feel good.

Slight curling on the skinnier parts of the trailing edge

Wing is printed though, I'm pretty happy with it so far.

I have intentions of designing some 3d printed airframes, but figured I should fully understand the design and build philosophy of those who are already really good at it, and hope to measure up to them, eventually.

Started out using 3d solutech white PLA. ran out, tried to order more on Amazon, they were out of stock, so I ordered hatchbox white

Anyhow, first observation is that the solutech white is different than hatchbox white, don't think it matters, but that's why the wing is different "colors". The wing roots are hatchbox, the outboard wings are 3d solutech

Just started fuselage today

-david
to remove ads between posts
Jun 17, 2019, 01:43 PM
Thread OP
Fuselage printed and assembled

Thinking about re-printing some of the wing sections. The trailing edge areas of the wings where the flaps go curled from the print bed a bit...

Also printed the horizontal stabilizer... It printed fine, but it has some distortion, the top and bottom skins on both sides are deformed... Like there needs to be another "spar" or rib right in there... Thinking I might add that and print new ones...

-david

Quick Reply