Jun 10, 2019, 08:52 PM
IMO ( In My Opinion ) →
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldGreg
I think you'r right, this could save me from wasting my time and money.
This kit would probably be a good start : https://dynasoarrocketry.com/?page_id=2985

Scroll down on this page to order it : https://dynasoarrocketry.com/

The designer designed it for rocket launch and/or pusher prop motor , both the rocket motor and the pusher prop motor fit into the rear fuselage tube .

Here it is flying with rocket launch :

RC YF-12 RC rocket glider flight (0 min 57 sec)

OLD AL
to remove ads between posts
Jun 12, 2019, 05:34 PM
I Look, Listen, and Learn
Building with foam is will be a different step from balsa, read up and learn some of others way of building with foam. Hot glue is popular but most go a little bit too heavy on the use of it. I personally will put a plane together using at least 4 different glue types....hot glue, "foam safe" ca, epoxy, and longer setting epp/epo type glues. Each has it's place and time to use of it.
While I do agree that using someone's proven plans are the best way to go, you can still do a first time scratchbuild of your own. Just don't give yourself high hopes of having a lightweight, straight fuse, easy to fly plane. Unless you are....and you could be, I don't know....very skilled at doing this type of thing, a first time scratchbuild rarely fly good. But if you are willing to say "well I tried and I learned a few things and the next one will be better and the one after that will be better still, go ahead and try for it. But do not give up just because it didn't go well the first time or two....or three, or four....I actually enjoy the build more than flying and I suck at scratchbuilding, usually only half of my scratchbuilds fly and only half of those fly decently but I still enjoy doing it because it's fun for me.
You mostly lose time....but it's time doing something you can and should enjoy doing...alot of the foam is recyclable (I have three different boxes with small, medium, and larger pieces of foam that I salvage and reuse from the failures. The glue is mostly what I lose money on.
Anyways, I just relized how much typing I've just done and I'll let you decide on what you want to do now.

Quick Reply