Jun 07, 2019, 03:54 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

YGE-35-LVT ESC & Jeti

I have successfully programmed a new series YGE-35-LVT ESC & it appears to be functioning properly. Using Jeti DS-16 TX, straight BEC mode off the ESC, no buffer battery. I don't have a Jeti box. I configured the ESC telemetry protocol for Jeti as per screen shot using the YGE USB program (PC) interface. When I plug the blue ESC plug into EXT port of REX7 receiver, nothing happens. Seems like when did something similar on another modelwith (Jeti) Vario, the TX beeped or indicated or somehow automatically knew a new device was present. But its been a while & I don't have a lot of experience in this area. Any experience in this regard? I'd like to view the various ESC parameters like I assume its intended.

The ESC instructions seemed quite straightforward (but brief)
- Fine adjustment and selection of telemetry log with the PC-Setup
- Make sure, that the ESC is powered up first, and the connect the buffer-battery. Otherwise the Telemetry might not work properly.
- Jeti ExBUS: If necessary, you have to update the receiver to Jeti ExBUS. Receiver port E1 or E2 is active. For programming the ESC via Jetibox-menu of your Transmitter, ESC-firmware >V.103258 is required. It is necessary to do a mode setup first, and choose "Jeti ExBus" as telemetry protocol in the PC-software. The ESC-parameters can be found as "Mx" in the Jetiboxmenu.
Last edited by ptxman; Jul 13, 2019 at 06:54 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 13, 2019, 06:46 PM
Thread OP
OK. I watched all the Esprit telemetry videos & have gone through every conceivable TX menu. The ESC is programmed to speak Jeti, re-confirmed that. The ESC blue plug is into the RX7 EXT socket. I have powered up a few times. So what am I missing? Why can't the system recognize this device & I obtain telemetry information of the YGE speed control?
Last edited by ptxman; Jul 15, 2019 at 09:13 PM.
Jul 14, 2019, 08:51 AM
In search of speed......
Last edited by Dansy; Jul 15, 2019 at 12:13 PM.
Jul 14, 2019, 10:19 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dansy
It won’t be on Jeti ExBus.......it will be on Telemetry only...
Can you be a bit more specific? Like what sequence of menu selections should I follow to discover the ESC in Jeti menu? I feel like I have been down every path.

Just to be clear the following was from the YGE docs. The Jeti ExBus they refer to is a YGE ESC programming selection to define Jeti telemtry protocal (as opposed to other radio brands). There is only one Jeti option to select (hilighted).
Jeti ExBUS: If necessary, you have to update the receiver to Jeti ExBUS. Receiver port E1 or E2 is active. For programming the ESC via Jetibox-menu of your Transmitter, ESC-firmware >V.103258 is required. It is necessary to do a mode setup first, and choose "Jeti ExBus" as telemetry protocol in the PC-software. The ESC-parameters can be found as "Mx" in the Jetiboxmenu.

When I go into Jeti TX Telemetry Controls menu (where the Mx stuff is), none of the M#'s display any ESC related information. They look like standard programming options & every M-selection looks the same.

To summarize I have not seen evidence any ESC parameter in any Jeti menu selection yet. I'm pretty sure the REX7 receiver is up to date. I had a Jeti Vario hooked up & it discovered it right away although I cant actually remember how it occurred, it was just there.
Jul 15, 2019, 06:17 AM
In search of speed......
Last edited by Dansy; Jul 15, 2019 at 12:13 PM.
Jul 15, 2019, 12:05 PM
No, you do not need a BIN file for ExBus, it works perfectly fine without a BIN file.
The BIN file is required for using Device Explorer.
Jul 16, 2019, 11:17 PM
Thread OP
YGE reply today:
You have to connect the blue plug of the ESC to the E1 or E2 port of the receiver. E1 or E2 has to be programmed to ExBus (Not EX!).
The telemetry officaly doesn't work on the EXT port.

So I am presently using a REX7 receiver F5J application. Ports 1-7 are occupied with discreet servos functions. Above response looks like my available EXT port is out. So does that mean I would require a 9 or 10 ch RX to be able to use 7 channels & have E1 or E2 available? Dumb question but what exactly is the distinction between EXT and E#.
Jul 17, 2019, 07:29 AM
EXT is probably the "old" bus running 9600-9800 baud, where the ExBus is running 125.000 baud.
In the non REX receivers this was the same port, but in the REX they are not, probably caused by a change in processor type.
Jul 19, 2019, 10:23 AM
Thread OP
I don't follow you jbentsen. The REX10 has EXT, E1, E2. The R9 has EXT. The REX7 has EXT, E1, E2 (dual or overlapping). So the port terminology is the same just different channel number assignments. If I understand what YGE is saying it must be E# not EXT. So I assumed in order to log this ESC I need a receiver with 7 channels for my normal servo functions plus a separate, open E# for this ESC telemetry.

I thought REX series was the more recent receiver? - inferring backward compatibility? I guess I just don't understand Jeti terminology, that is why I'm asking.

Possibly there are differences between Europe & N-AM offerings?
http://www.jetimodel.com/en/katalog/Duplex-2-4-EX/
Last edited by ptxman; Jul 19, 2019 at 02:19 PM.
Jul 19, 2019, 01:35 PM
In search of speed......
Euro and N/A RX’s all the same...the only difference is the sticker for the certification.....and who pay the certification

Euro is paid by the factory
N/A is paid by Esprit
Jul 19, 2019, 04:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptxman
I don't follow you jbentsen. The REX10 has EXT, E1, E2. The R9 has EXT. The REX7 has EXT, E1, E2 (dual or overlapping). So the port terminology is the same just different channel number assignments. If I understand what YGE is saying it must be E# not EXT. So I assumed in order to log this ESC I need a receiver with 7 channels for my normal servo functions plus a separate, open E# for this ESC telemetry.
Rx receivers support ExBus on EXT port, REX does not.
On REX you must change one of the E# ports for ExBus and cannot use that for a servo at the same time.

So you can use a R9 and change the configuration of EXT port to ExBus.
Or you can use a REX10 and configure one of the E# ports as ExBus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptxman
I thought REX series was the more recent receiver? - inferring backward compatibility? I guess I just don't understand Jeti terminology, that is why I'm asking.
REX is the more recent receiver and is using a 32 bit processor where the Rx receivers use a 8 bit processor.
The reason why REX receivers are not able to support ExBus on EXT port is most likely related to the used processor.
Instead support for ExBus is on E# ports, and for some receivers this means that sometimes a servo port is used as E# port as well.

Quick Reply